Job description / Role
Ready to put your project management expertise to work on complex projects? Are you great with people and have a track record managing teams that get the job done? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Industrial Cluster Development Specialist with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest-running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
• Senior-level of industrial cluster development specialist role at the Strategic Planning & Investment Development Division.
• Control and follow up industrial complexes (manpower requirement, conversion rate) requirements.
• To provide experience and required future estimations and preparing documents for the JCPDI.
• The Industrial Cluster Development Specialist reports directly to the Director of Industrial Cluster Development Department and receives administrative direction on assigned responsibilities in terms of specific investment opportunities Director with work being reviewed for adherence to scope of work.
• Interfaces with Investors and coordinates activities with the Royal Commission Management and Departments.
Major Activities Performed:
• To execute policies, objectives, purposes, and procedures which are determined by the Department and to provide the required support for improvement as needed.
Control and Preparing of Budget:
• To assist in developing and executing business plans and to ensure work is carried within the approved budget.
• Assist in evaluating the available opportunities in cities to establish the petrochemical/energy industries and to promote them and to prepare and establish the industrial complexes programs.
• To analyze the research data of the industrial complexes and to evaluate the change impact on the existing complexes and to estimate the potential changes based on results which will be achieved.
• To review the changes related to legal and legislative compliance and to coordinate with the concerned parties and to prepare reports specifying in details the anticipated impact for these changes on the existing complexes.
• To review the technological changes and the available opportunities in the cities in regard to the existing industrial complexes and to prepare the plans and initiatives and reports.
• To provide experience and the required future estimations to prepare business plans which aim to easy identify challenges related to the existing complexes (such as short in manpower and the technical challenges).
• To present proposals to the supervisors, shareholders to take the required appropriate actions to correct and rectify problems and to identify their roles to accordingly develop business plans for each proposal.
• To execute work supervision, coordination and direct the existing team work groups to execute the detailed business plans of the operational function and responsibilities.
• To supervise plans, policies and procedures execution related to operational and transformation plans.
• To ensure employees and supervisor awareness on updates at all times as much as possible.
• To periodically evaluate employees’ performance in a fairly, transparency and objectively manner.
Other additional related skills:
• To perform the additional responsibilities and position-related skills as assigned and needed.
• Candidate must have Bachelors/ Bachelors of Commerce/Bachelor of Science from recognized western credited university in the related job field (Business Administration).
• Candidate should have a very clear understanding of Industrial Clustering & Geographic clustering and have a strong understanding of how new industrial clusters emerge (in other words what needs to be in place from both a resource and relationship perspective for such industrial investment clusters to emerge).
• Candidate should understand how an industrial clustering develops and how industrial clusters grow over time, and how he can assist in the establishment, growth and development of the industrial cluster in Jazan.
• Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in supporting industrial groups requirements.
• Candidate should have experience in executing industrial groups initiatives.
• Candidate should have experience and knowledge of supporting industrial cluster initiatives and monitoring the requirement of supporting industrial cluster complexes.
• Candidate should have experience in preparing business plans designed to address the challenges facing the supporting industrial complexes.
• Complete awareness and background of the related divisions such as the construction of complexes (petrochemical/heavy industries for energy).
• The candidate is preferred to have recognized post-graduate certificate or degree.
Basic Technical Skills:
• Time management and communication and team-work skills.
• Candidate should effectively communicate in both English & Arabic languages in reading, speaking and writing.
• Candidate should be computer literate and has experience in using MS Microsoft work, MS Excel, schedules software etc.
• Candidate should adhere with all applicable policies for the Royal Commission at Jubail and Yanbu.
• Candidate has to confirm that he has reviewed, agreed and understood the job description.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.