Job description / Role
Requisition ID: 228266
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Mission & Goals
Place Customers & Stakeholders First
- Guide your customers, sales and partners to deliver a tailored and relevant SAP experience
Nurture and advance pipeline of opportunities in industry
- Nurture and advance pipeline for key customer accounts in industry
- Deliver SAP Value Proposition, supported by SAP industry differentiation in order to increase win rates and meet revenue budgets
Contribute to team success in key competency topic areas:
- Industry expertise
- Industry Business Planning
Market Analysis and Industry Planning
- Identify key market opportunities for industry aligned with SAP Corporate Strategy, where SAP delivers solution to meet customer needs
- Build Industry business plan aligned with Sales leadership and Industry Business Unit
Value Content for Industry and Line of Business
- Build and curate content for value models for key buying centers e.g. Finance, HR, Head of Sales, Head of Supply Chain, Chief Information Officer
- Refine and revise value models for key buying centers in Industry e.g. Finance in Banking, HR in Professional Services, Head of Sales in Retail, Head of Supply Chain in Automotive, Chief Information Officer in Telecommunications
- Showcase industry processes and use cases based on industry experience and customer engagements
- Nurture and deliver customer reference stories to showcase value creation
Thought Leadership and Content for Industry
- Build and curate content for key line of business buying centers in industry
- Act as SAP thought leader in the market for industry
- Nurture and deliver customer reference stories to showcase value metrics relevant to the Industry
- Build market awareness for SAP by presenting at key customer conferences (SAP User Groups), partner and industry events
- Build industry relevant account strategies working with sales teams
- Collaborate and execute with Marketing on Events, Social and Digital plans to develop leads
- Work with account teams to convert leads into opportunities
- Conduct early stage customer executive meetings
- Deliver industry relevant customer engagements to nurture opportunities
- Mature opportunities aligned to customer needs and investment budgets
Customer Engagement to deliver Revenue
- Work as part of one Virtual Account Team to jointly develop and refine customer deliverables to incorporate industry relevance and SAP differentiated value proposition
- Work as part of one Virtual Account Team to secure the business case for customer program and assist with customer reference requests
- Guide Sales and Virtual Account Team strategy to deliver on Vision to Value creation customer journey
- Delivering Memorable Presentations (1: Many or 1:few)
- Executive Influencing
- Storytelling (Digital)
- Virtual/Digital Engagement (including Social Media)
- Speaking the Business Language of the Customer (by Industry)
- Handling Questions & Objections
- Employing Design Thinking
- Facilitating Workshops
- Operationalizing XM
- Skilled in industry priorities for region/country and understanding of shifts in value chain across industry boundaries
- Championing The Strategy
- Deal captaining
- Social influencing
Business Process Skills
- Industry process expertise for key end to end processes with XM touch points (tailored for industry)
- Business process expertise for key end to end processes with XM touchpoints
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.