Job description / Role
Information Security Specialist is responsible for information security operations including firewall administration, security policy implementation, administration of vulnerability management system, endpoint security and penetration testing
• Administration and configuration and day to day operation of following security devices:
- Palo Alto NextGen firewall
- Juniper SRX firewall
- Cisco ASA site to site and remote VPN
- Bluecoat Reverse proxy
- Tenable security centre
- Veracode Application scanner
- Palo Alto traps endpoint security
- Digital certificates
• Perform penetration testing.
• Plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls
• Manage intrusion detection and prevention systems
• Manage web filtering solution
• Configuration of security policies and network address translation.
• Work closely with network and systems teams to troubleshoot the day to day operational issues.
• Perform daily checklists to make sure the device is working as expected.
• Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
• Perform a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts.
• At least 6-8 years of in-depth experience in information security systems and network security domain.
• Degree in computer, network or Information Security related fields.
• Two or more of the following certification preferred:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert – (CCIE Security)
• Excellent knowledge in following device/technology:
- Penetration testing
- Application scanning and web attacks
- Next-Generation Firewalls
- Intrusion Prevention System
- Reverse proxy
- Web application firewall
- Web filtering
- Endpoint Security
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Digital certificates
• Ability to work with the team.
• Customer service skills.
• Ability to prioritize skills.
• Organization skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, deadline-driven, complex, team-based environment with conflicting and competing priorities.
• Ability to investigate, define and resolve complex problems
About the Company
Emerald Technology is a global talent acquisition company specialising in providing technology start-ups and global enterprises with exceptional human capital and infrastructure.
We identify and select the best talent for global technology vendors & provide start-ups with an end-to-end infrastructure service to ensure exponential growth.
We are a truly global company with offices all over the world and can facilitate the international needs of your business whether you’re currently situated in - or expanding into - EMEA, APAC, North America or LATAM.