Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Infrastructure Services Sales Lead
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals. The IS Sales Lead is responsible for selling solutions that address their client's business needs and delivering client value while supporting IBM business strategies. He/She will responsible for driving GTS Infrastructure Services signings and "as a Service" revenue across the assigned territory for a particular service line.
- IS Solution Sales: The Sales Lead will manage infrastructure solution sales for Infrastructure Services and work with a team of sales representatives to meet/exceed key business measurements and reporting requirements.
- Quota: Is assigned and responsible for meeting and/or exceeding a discrete revenue, signings and profit sales target assigned by management.
- Customer Strategies: Understands the client's strategic business objectives and business processes/metrics, including their organization, financial decision-making process and business challenges.
- Opportunity Progression: Responsible for opportunity progression for a specific portfolio of offerings
- Client Relationship: Responsible for client relationship in the selected accounts
- Purchasing Process: Understanding of customer purchasing processes in the territory they are covering
- Account Planning and Coordination: Regularly attends and contributes during team meetings on topics such as planning, execution, etc
- Internal Coordination: Experience in navigating internal processes to secure appropriate approvals on customer engagements
- Opportunity Ownership: Personally responsible for progressing opportunities and/or discrete elements of a specific customer opportunity and recording relevant activity in the sales management systems.
- Coordinating Team Resources: Should understand and navigate IBM to identify, acquire and coordinate the team of resources required to address client needs
- Technical Acumen: Engage in regular calls with Service Line leaders to discuss sales opportunities, understand market responsiveness to IBMs technical solutions, and learn about IBM solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experiences in selling Hybrid Cloud and Infrastructure Services in the region
- Infrastructure background and Hybrid IT
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding targets
- Superior client communications (written/oral/presentations) and customer relationship management
- Ability to present and articulate the differentiated value of IBM Services solutions compared to competitors in the market
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise client budgeting and purchasing processes, typical recommender and decision maker roles involved, and how to progress opportunities from
- Sales leadership skills including pipeline management, opportunity management, execution of the IBM cadence process
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.