Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Technology Services is seeking an Infrastructure Services Sales Manager. In this role, you will operate as the subject matter expert and sales lead in the areas of infrastructure management services under traditional outsourcing, hosting and Cloud (public, private, and hybrid) operating models. You will lead client negotiations, propose solutions to CxOs, and Evaluation Committees acting as the single point of client contact for all deal-progression activities. You must have prior experience in developing midrange server, middleware, messaging, storage, and mainframe managed services solutions. Experience with solutioning and selling complex, managed services deals for server, storage, middleware, messaging, with deal sizes of $1.5M up to $50M will contribute to your success in this position. We are seeking a candidate that is able to lead a team as the single overall sales leader and opportunity owner of a given sales pursuit. Ideally, you will also have prior experience in the public, industrial, financial services, distribution, and/or communications sector.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Leading customer presentations while describing IBM's point of view, solution and proposal through a value-driven sales approach
- Responsible for demonstrating the value of out-tasking, and leveraging off-shore labor models
- Collaborates with, and acts as a liaison between our customers, sales, pre-sales solution development and delivery teams during the end-to-end engagement and sales process
- Developing the financial solution for an engagement based on client requirements, developing business cases, CBAs, and executing a CFO-targeted financial sale
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams in developing complex solutions for specific client opportunities and in developing client deliverables such as a request for information (RFI), request for proposal response (RFP), and statements of work (SOWs), and client proposals/ presentations
- May be asked to conduct formal enablement sessions in the areas of Infrastructure Management Services (both Traditional and Cloud) to various stakeholders, IBM internal Opportunity Owner and Opportunity Identifying communities, business partners and customers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- To be successful in this role, you should have the ability to manage multiple accounts concurrently and develop pursuit strategies and support new business opportunities, which include defining/qualifying sales opportunities, determining engagement scope and cost projections, and formulating potential solutions based on client requirements .
- A solid technical, and conceptual/operational background in server, storage, middleware, messaging platforms/technologies, event management, monitoring, ITIL service management, service quality management, continuous improvement, and global sourcing concepts is beneficial.
- You must demonstrate the use of strong leadership and consultative sales techniques to develop and broaden sales opportunities and compelling value propositions.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Infrastructure Services Sales Lead
IBM Middle East
Services Sales Manager
SAP Middle East & North Africa
Future Careers Middle East
Project Portfolio Manager
|Saudi Arabia||7 Jan|
Head of General Business Sales
SAP Middle East & North Africa