Job description / Role
An opportunity is now available for an Inpection Commissioning Engineer – Team Lead to support the Jazan IGCC commissioning and start-up phase. The duration of the assignment is approximately 24 months with an additional option to roll into a long-term operations assignment. This is an on-site position in Jazan, Saudi Arabia working 8 weeks on with 2 weeks off.
The incumbent will report to the Commissioning Engineering Manager and will lead 8 to 10 Inspection Commissioning Engineers/Technicians dedicated to several operating units: Gasification/Acid Gas Removal/Hydrogen Recovery, Soot Ash Recovery, Sulfur Recovery, and Utilities.
This position is intended to target candidates with field/operations experience in large process plants. The Jazan IGCC team supports the safe and efficient leadership, planning, commissioning and start-up of process gas units, including our newly acquired gasification technologies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Jazan IGCC Inspection Commissioning Engineer - Team Lead will provide knowledge and experience in pressure vessel, piping and tank Inspections to facilitate successful commissioning of the IGCC mechanical assets through the commissioning, start-up and start-up stabilization periods. The Inspection Commissioning Engineer – Team Lead will lead a team of engineers/technicians to develop inspection programs and carry out the inspections of applicable pressure vessels, piping and tank systems. The incumbents will function as part of the IGCC commissioning team, to bring equipment online in a safe, consistent manner in support of the overall IGCC project.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Lead the development and/or review of site Risk Based Inspection programs. The position must be familiar and experienced with API 580 and API 581. The position will also update the site RBI based on inspection findings and process changes. The position is expected to be the subject matter expert for inspection methods in these reviews.
• Lead the development and / or review of site Integrity Operating Windows. The position is expected to be the subject matter expert on the IOW concept and knowledgeable with API 584.
• Lead the Inspection Engineering Team to assess, develop, document, and implement pressure systems inspection written schemes of examination and /repair procedures that meet the requirements of inspection and repair codes.
• Using Corrosion Monitoring Management System (CMMS) database - Lead the Inspection Engineering Team to track and schedule all up-coming and past due visual inspections and UT data points, which includes maintaining compliance for required inspection frequencies.
• Interpret radiographs, ultrasonic inspection reports, and other inspection reports to assist Maintenance and Engineering in developing repair recommendations where required.
• Lead the Inspection Team to coordinate & lead inspection contractors, scaffolding, and insulation contractor for inspection needs.
• Develop budgets for required inspections for each site that is supported and communicate budget forecast to sites.
• Mentor and develop Provide training and guidance to junior or less experienced engineers.
• The incumbent will also participate in the staffing of their team by screening and interviewing candidates and directing the training and onboarding of new hires.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or extensive field experience as a API-510 Pressure Vessel Inspector , API-570 Piping Inspector or API-653 Tank Inspector.
• Have a minimum 10 years of experience in plant engineering or operating plant engineering with a strong focus on plant operations/startups.
• Demonstrated leadership of team exceeding 5 people.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.