Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Civil Inspector to perform inspection and quality of marine works including dredging works, marine structures such as Pile decks, revetments, breakwaters, beaches, and other marine protection structures, and general marine works construction within the marine environment.
A typical week would include:
* Assist Resident Civil Engineer to arrange, chair and record meetings, commencing with the kick-off meeting and thereafter progress and management meetings that are deemed necessary
* Assist Resident Civil Engineer to establish procedures for inspection approvals, testing, commissioning in accordance with the requirements of the contract
* Inspect the site construction work and provide non-conformity reports to highlight the deviations with respect to contractual requirements.
* Review the contractor's HSE plan and ensure that the safety procedures are followed at the site
* Review and comment on the contractor's programs ensuring that they are sufficiently detailed to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the contract, allocated resources and cash flow
* Review the contractor's construction-related ITPs, method statements and material submittals in accordance with the requirements of the contract.
* Monitor the Contractors progress during construction and regularly assesses output
* Implement QMS requirements and conduct regular Audits
* Assist Resident Civil Engineer to prepare substantial completion reports including any outstanding requirements
* Adhere to WSP way of working to foster a culture for safe and vibrant work culture while simultaneously complying with WSP's ethics, code of conduct policies.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Preferably Professional Civil Engineer or relevant recognized technical qualification, Associates Degree or at least Diploma level (or equivalent) as a minimum educational qualification
* You need to have Marine construction experience including Pile jetty, rock revetments, dredging, minimum buildings and coastal marine works with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
* Essentially having detailed knowledge of inspections and post contract supervision role and responsibilities related to review of contractor's shop drawings, submittals and site inspection procedures
* Excellent interpersonal skills with effective written and verbal skills. Able to build excellent client relations through communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills
What if we can?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.