Job description / Role
· Performs inspections/surveillance based on training received.
· Interacts cross-functionally with project team members and management.
· Implements inspection, examination, and testing procedures and records inspection, examination, and testing data.
· Plans inspections, evaluations, and tests; setting up tests, including preparation and set-up of related equipment
· Evaluates the validity and acceptability of inspection, examination and testing results and reports inspection, examination and testing results.
· Evaluates the adequacy of specific programs used to train and test inspection, examination, and testing personnel.
· Performs and documents inspections of subcontractor work.
· Oversees subcontractor inspections and review of subcontractor work. Reviews and audits subcontractor generated quality records.
· Performs First-Article / In-Process Inspection as needed (may include source inspection).
· Ensures compliance to HSE requirements applicable for their work scope.
· May participate in establishing and implementing a Quality Controls Inspectors certification program.
· May participate in qualifying and certifying QC Inspectors at all levels.
· Documents and communicates inspection results in a clear and concise manner.
· Understands contract requirements and subcontractor(s) contract requirements.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 5+ years related construction supervision experience for buildings.
· Experience as inspector for Building, HVAC, Plumbing (Kitchens/Bathrooms), Fire Alarm
· Requires the ability to communicate clearly and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals.
· Very good analytical skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the company.
· Proficient in data collection, analysis and presentation.
· Very good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access.
· Requires proficiency in the use of computers and software packages needed to support the documentation, analysis and retention of quality records.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.