Job description / Role
About the Position
• Provide engineering expertise in resolving plant instrumentation & control related problems. Work with Operations & Engineering groups to resolve instrumentation & control related issues at different SIPCHEM affiliates. Work with vendors as necessary to resolve problems, implement upgrades and technology items. Assist with the commissioning and turnover strategies.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
• Conserved all instrument maintenance & troubleshooting
• Conserved all DCS maintenance & configuration
• Conserved all PLC maintenance & programing
• Conserved control system developments.
• Implements SIS test and inspection
• Review all control system procedure and create required
• Review DCS & instrument spares inventory and technical evaluation for new material. Conserved control system maintenance quality.
• Full knowledge with DCS, PLCs, instrument loops and communications protocols with at least 3 years' experience in petrochemical industrial.
• Expert knowledge of specific control and instrumentation engineering disciplines such as:
• Interpret and navigate through control system logic diagrams and codes.
• Operation and control
• Graphics and system code Design.
• Testing and commissioning of DCS, SIS and PLCs.
• Have experience leading Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) teams and leading reliability-focused
• Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEA) teams.
• Hands-on PLC programming experience for Modicon, Hima, GE, Siemens and for Allen-Bradley.
• Detailed and expert knowledge of the Sipchem project planning process.
• Extensive knowledge of engineering design principles.
• Sound understanding of engineering risk management philosophy and techniques.
• Sound understanding of engineering QA/QC philosophy and techniques.
• Broad knowledge of all relevant Sipchem plant and equipment.
• Sound knowledge of Instrument drawings, data sheets, 110 wiring diagrams, P&IDs, specifications, calculations,
About the Candidate:
• University degree (Four year) in an Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Automation or Instrumentation discipline.
• Having a minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience within a process plant environment.
• 1-2 years' experience of instrumentation and control engineering within Petrochemical and Oil & Gas industry. Experience of working with business management systems such as SAP.
• Considerable project management experience, including extensive liaison with external contractors. Must have experience with OSHA 1910 Process Safety Directive, including experience with Mechanical Integrity, Pre-Start up Safety Review (PSSR), and Management of Change (MOC) programs.
• Must have proven record of personally striving to maintain competence with technical developments and
• advancements in the process control engineering discipline with respect to Process Plant environment.
• Provide leadership and to demonstrate by example concerns for Safety and Process Safety for subordinates.
• Microsoft Office competency: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Reliability Instrumentation Engineer
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (YASREF)
Electrical / Instrument Unit Supervisor
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (YASREF)
Instrumentation/Control System Engineer
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE