Job description / Role
Intelligent Transport Systems Expert (BRT projects)
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the explainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you think international and still act local?
In the Middle East, we are working on some of the world's most iconic and complex projects. We take pride in helping our clients to realize their ambitions by offering our unique, local knowledge whilst leveraging our worldwide expertise. Our people, their expertise and the accountability we hold, for the future of our communities, make us unique.
WSP are looking for an ITS Expert (to be based at Makkah) who will be responsible for delivery of high quality, innovative client solutions for Intelligent Transport Systems on the project.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Manage and oversee Intelligent Traffic and Transportation Systems (ITS) issues related to the project
• Perform various studies including Traffic Impact Study, Corridor Optimizations Study, Safety Effectiveness Study
• Supervise and implement BRT traffic signals and ITS
• Perform analytical tasks including traffic data collection and data manipulation
• Perform planning, analysis and design development for ITS implementation projects on roadway networks
In order to meet the challenge, you will have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor Degree with minimum 8 years’ relevant experience
• Excellent communications and report writing skills
• Ability to understand complex issues and capture client and system requirements
• Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation
• Good knowledge of Intelligent Transport Systems
• Experience of analysing traffic data, preferably to understand performance of traffic control and management systems
We are a Great Place to Work© and take pride in attracting, developing and engaging the best professionals in our fields of expertise. We are problem-solvers who evolve, improve, modernise and excel. We know our solutions will shape the communities of tomorrow and help societies thrive sustainably. We embrace change and have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.