Job description / Role
The purpose of the job is to develop and implement coordinated communications plans and materials for the effective delivery of information.
Detailed Job Description
• Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior managers.
• Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholder
• Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin.
• Storyboard or translate ideas to the creative team of art directors and designers
• Deliver presentations at organizational events
• Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
• Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization
• Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
• Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
• Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation
• Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organization, either face to face or through regular written communication
The ideal profile should have:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role
• The candidate must be a Saudi National
• Bachelor Degree in Journalism, public relation, or similar studies
• Writing skills: Job holder needs excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
• Speaking skills: Job holder also needs strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff. Internal communications managers need sensitivity to an organization’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees
• Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with communications and HR departments. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
• Creative skills: The job holder needs the creative ability to devise communication strategies Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential. Understanding the sector you wish to work in (private, public or voluntary) can be crucial.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).