Job description / Role
International Tax and Transaction Services - Transaction Tax Advisory - Manager
The International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) practice is comprised of three competencies focused on advising corporate and private equity clients on all aspects of their capital agenda - Transaction Tax Advisory, International Corporate Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing. ITTS is unique in that it is a joint venture between the Transaction Advisory Services and Tax service lines allowing ITTS to maximize market opportunities as well as the growth and development of ITTS professionals. The transactions market is a major part of EY's market strategy and a huge opportunity for the business and EY professionals.
The Transaction Tax Advisory ("TTA") competency is comprised of teams focused on the tax aspects of the client's capital agenda. We have dedicated professionals focused on buy-side due diligence, structuring, and cash tax modelling; sell-side tax assistance, structuring, and cash tax modelling; internal restructuring; capital structure and refinancing; distressed debt and bankruptcy; and tax attribute calculations and monetization strategies. The International Corporate Tax Advisory competency ("ICTA") is responsible for advising clients on international tax operations, including cross-border controversy, international policy advisory, international tax quantitative services, internal restructuring and refinancing. The Transfer Pricing (TP) competency addresses planning, documentation and controversy issues associated with all types of intercompany transactions, assisting companies with supply chain matters, with a focus on intangible property, and helping companies accurately reflect and monitor their transfer pricing in their financial systems. With so many service offerings, you will have the opportunity to participate in cross competency trainings to help develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
The coordinated go-to market and service approach of ICTA and TTA is unmatched in the market. It will offer you significant learning and development within the transaction landscape as well as international cross border transactions. Our mission is to develop the strongest technicians, commercial market-facing tax professionals and subject matter resources that are viewed by clients as trusted advisors.
A s a Transaction Tax Advisory manager, you'll be right at the heart of the action. You'll team with EY professionals and client stakeholders to advise many of the world's largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals. You'll be advising clients throughout the transaction lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the tax risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
Your key responsibilities
- As a manager you will be a vital member of the team developing and implementing transactions, while helping to manage all aspects of the engagement.
- You'll spend your time on a diverse array of projects and clients in a highly collaborative culture.
- We'll work with you to develop strong relationships with our clients and team effectively with internal resources and client stakeholders while developing and coaching junior members of the team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams, participating in due diligence and structuring engagements related to transactions for private equity and strategic corporate clients
- Manage overall engagement, engagement economics and engagement teams across the EY global network. Help provide growth and learning opportunities to junior professionals, while providing clear and direct feedback on overall performance.
- Assist in the review and analysis of the tax aspects of acquisition and merger agreements and draft tax opinion letters and memoranda
- Identify and analyze tax risks and opportunities while advising on alternative tax strategies for acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of businesses
- Review, assess, and advise clients regarding tax computations reflected in their financial models; and assist clients in the quantitative and qualitative analysis of the tax data in their financial projections for the transaction
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree and around 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and 4 years of related work experience
- A US CPA license or US state bar membership
- Tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning experience and/or inbound and outbound transaction consulting with international tax research, planning and compliance experience
- Ability to succinctly and clearly communicate complex tax concepts to clients
- Experience managing budgets, projects and people
Ideally, you'll also have
- Strong writing, research, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary
What we look for
We're interested in experienced tax professionals with a collaborative, client-focused approach to work. You'll need strong communication skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize when working with multiple clients and engagement teams. If you're a naturally curious problem solver with confidence to get involved and support colleagues and clients across the business, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us. Apply today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region