Job description / Role
International Tax Services Consultant to Senior Manager - KSA
The International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) practice is comprised of three competencies focused on advising corporate and private equity clients on all aspects of their capital agenda - Transaction Tax Advisory, International Corporate Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing. ITTS is unique in that it is a joint venture between the Transaction Advisory Services and Tax service lines allowing ITTS to maximize market opportunities as well as the growth and development of ITTS professionals. The transactions market is a major part of EY's market strategy and a huge opportunity for the business and EY professionals.
The International Corporate Tax Advisory competency (ICTA) is responsible for advising clients on international tax operations, including cross-border controversy, international policy advisory, international tax quantitative services, internal restructuring and refinancing.
The coordinated go-to market and service approach of ICTA and TTA is unmatched in the market. It will offer you significant learning and development within the transaction landscape as well as international cross border transactions. Our mission is to develop the strongest technicians, commercial market-facing tax professionals and subject matter resources that are viewed by clients as trusted business advisors. With this many service offerings, you will have the opportunity to participate in cross competency trainings to help develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
You will see plenty of recent growth and investment which you'll see reflected in your career. It's no exaggeration to say you'll be working on highly publicized projects. The field of tax planning is constantly changing as new laws, regulations and technologies enter the fold, and this is your opportunity to be part of that development.
Your key responsibilities
Depending on your unique skills and ambitions, you could be managing various responsibilities, from technical planning and advising to global project management. Whatever you find yourself doing, you'll personally coach and develop a highly trained team, all while handling activities with a focus on quality and commercial value. This is a highly regulated industry, so it's all about maintaining our reputation as trusted advisors by taking on bold initiatives and owning new challenges.
Skills and attributes for success
- Identifying and answering complex domestic and international tax issues
- Providing technical tax advice and planning services to a portfolio of projects
- Building long-lasting relationships with our clients, developing your understanding of their unique needs and requirements
- Building and leading a dedicated client service team, providing performance feedback and guaranteeing your people always have the skills, tools and opportunities they need to grow
- Constantly developing your own knowledge, maintaining your status as a trusted advisor by monitoring emerging trends, technologies and practices
- Manage overall engagement, engagement economics and engagement teams across the EY global network. Help provide growth and learning opportunities to junior professionals, while providing clear and direct feedback on overall performance.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree and around 3- 7 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and 4 years of related work experience
- A US CPA license or US state bar membership
- Inbound and outbound transaction consulting with international tax research, planning and compliance experience and/or tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning experience.
- Ability to succinctly and clearly communicate complex tax concepts to clients
- Experience managing budgets, projects and people
Ideally, you'll also have
- A master's or PhD in Business, Finance, Economics, Management, Policy Analysis or a related field
What we look for
We're interested in experienced tax professionals with a collaborative, client-focused approach to work. You'll need strong communication skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize when working with multiple clients and engagement teams. If you're a naturally curious problem solver with confidence to get involved and support colleagues and clients across the business, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills across a broad spectrum of tax areas
- A network of overseas colleagues, and chances to relocate or take on overseas assignments
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us. Apply today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.