Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco was established in the Middle East in 1947 and the business has matured rapidly in recent times, growing from Â£46.3mn in 2008 to Â£140mn in 2010 to Â£324.8mn in 2016. Its portfolio includes Light Rail, Air Traffic Control, Integrated Facilities Management and Technology, with Healthcare and Vocational Training as key emerging sectors. Serco runs the iconic world class Dubai Metro and is also responsible for most of the Air Traffic control business across the Middle East.
Serco is bidding on a key contract in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the Saudi Government. The client oversees infrastructure projects which are estimated to be worth over $1trillion by 2030 and we are bidding to become the Delivery partner for O&M Excellence.
We are looking for people with deep O&M experience across all areas of the government sector to lead and deliver this 3-year project based in Saudi. This role is to support the development of Technical Standards in Operations and Maintenance and support the enablement of the standards across the selected entities.
It's an exciting opportunity to work very closely with a multicultural team and client, in a new and challenging environment and gain knowledge of all government sectors for O&M.
The growth opportunity for Serco is twofold. Firstly, this will bring the team inside the organisation, with the ability to shape future O&M strategy with the KSA government, but also will enable us to be well placed to win future O&M delivery contracts in the Kingdom.
- Management of the growth of the Serco reputation for operational excellence within KSA.
- Pro-actively lead the development, global best practice benchmarking and production of core IT applications requirements that support Asset Management procedures and standards, as a major component of the new National O&M Manual for Saudi government
- Provide Asset Management IT application subject matter expertise across all Saudi government entities either according to the strategic plan or in response to entity request
- Support the matrixed organization in the effective delivery of complex contract deliverables across Asset Management practice, by holistically integrating topic thought leadership
- Produce evidence based research into Asset Management IT applications processes and systems
- Engage and maintain close working relationships within the client and its partner Consultancy in order to optimize O&M best practices
- Insure the effect enablement of Saudi government entity asset management by assisting the Enablement department with their implementation as an SME.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Knowledge of international asset management best practice, preferably in multiple sectors.
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise (and where appropriate accreditation) across the following elements of O&M:
- Maintenance Planning/ Work Control
- Post Maintenance Testing
- Systems Engineering Programming
- Configuration Management
- Fleet Management Procedure Definition
- Asset Registration/ Information Management processes and systems
- CAFM/CMMS criteria, strategy and integration
- Cost Indices
- Life Cycle Planning
- Condition Assessments
- Bachelor of Science / Engineering or IT discipline from an accredited university.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in related field on national / international major initiatives and developments.
- Minimum 5 years leading O&M systems implementations
- Experience within leading software developers/ solution implementers preferred
- Recognized expertise in assigned field.
- Record of engagement with a wide range of stakeholders and wider commercial and public sector stakeholders.
- Expert in development and implementation of best practice standards and processes.
- Extensive experience of working internationally (preference for Middle East / KSA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven track record of instituting continuous improvement and of change management.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.