Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking to appoint an IT Cloud Specialist for one of our major project in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
A typical week would include:
• Creating and implementing cloud-based solutions such as Services as a Solution (SaaS) and Platform as a Solution (PaaS)
• Day-to-day operations of managing cloud services - software deployment and upgrades, system setup, system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration and change management, security management and capacity planning.
• Migration of existing information and systems over to cloud-based solution
• Integration of new cloud-based services and infrastructure into the project / organisations' portfolio
• Liaise and collaborate with key role-players, viz. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Specialist, Enterprise Architect, Security Specialist, IT Infrastructure Specialist, Project Management Information Specialist and GIS Specialist to ensure the Cloud Solution integrates effectively with other areas and technologies and caters for their functionality needs
• Liaise and collaborate with external providers and resources to keep ahead of best-of-breed new developments, technology and deployments
• Ensure there is a clear and updated strategy and roadmap, along with all development stages and requirements, ensuring proactive monitoring and mapping of project and organisation cloud / information needs at all times
• Liaises with external providers / vendors regarding support, functionality, troubleshooting and shaping/mapping of overall cloud solution
• Active troubleshooting, testing and support to resolve all system and user issues
• Overall responsibility, as cloud subject matter expert (SME), to ensure a complete fit-for-purpose cloud solution is designed, implemented and operated at all times
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Five years or more experience in managing cloud services such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
• Working technical knowledge of network, server, and platform operating systems
• Strong system architecture and troubleshooting working knowledge
• Working technical knowledge of current industry systems software, protocols, and standards, including [firewalls, Active Directory...]
• Strong system administration (Linux/Unix or Windows) at the command-line level
• Experience with running and maintaining scripting [PowerShell, Puppet, Chef, etc.]
• Strong knowledge of network administration
• Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience
• Experience with data management
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws such as CITC, NCA, NDMO
• Virtual private cloud solutions and operations
• Public cloud operations, including local cloud providers
• Networking in the cloud
• Storage and archiving in the cloud
• Security, identity, and access management: IAM in the cloud
• Deploying workload in the cloud
• Workload monitoring in the cloud
• Managing resource consumption in the cloud
• Configuration management in the cloud
• Workload automation in the cloud
• Knowledge and experience in performing information security practices in the management and delivery of cloud services
• Ability to work under pressure and operate in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to work in and as a part of a Specialist Team to ensure an overall ICT Solution for the organization and project
• Where applicable, provide training and skills transfer to identified support staff and areas
• Thorough working knowledge and subject matter expert (SME) relating to cloud-based solutions - w.r.t design, implementation, customizing, shaping, analytics, troubleshooting and overall solution
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.