Job description / Role
The development manager role is for Metro project based in Riyadh and is a critical leadership position responsible for
- Managing all developments for the implementation of IT systems for public transport system operation.
- Oversee each Operations & Maintenance Contractor’s software implementation schedule
- Manage the procurement of hardware and software with IT consultant and IT contractor for the Public Transport Management (PTM) system.
- As a development manager, you are responsible for leading delivery of IT projects and accountable for delivery related metrics and customer satisfaction.
- The development manager’s role must have very strong communication, people management and technical delivery experience.
- Plays a key role in reviewing of effort estimation, delivery resource assignment, vetting of delivery resource capabilities according to SOW and commitment, reviewing key reusable IP if deemed fit, set up project governance structure and rhythm according to services delivery methodology
- Detailed understanding on PTM, designing, deployment and operations
- High energy with a strong desire to aspire a teams of IT professionals. Strong in motivating and developing talent
- Risk management, ability to develop the insights foreseeing the risks of project deliveries, and leading mitigation plans and landing them.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely, sound decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, acumen, experience and judgment. Ability to make decisions with potentially incomplete data and conflicting views under tight deadlines.
- A dynamic "get-it-done," results-oriented perspective with large initiative/project-based leadership experience
- Document Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for all automation tasks and customer facing technologies and ensure SOPs are maintained as updates are made
- Enhance the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Drive standards and best practices whenever possible and effectively foster a culture of engagement
- Other duties, projects and alternate assignments as determined by business need
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- A Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in Computer Science / Information Technology
- Minimum of 10 years technical and management experience with a strong development background
- Excellent procurement capability
- Knowledgeable in agile practices and mythologies with the ability to execute as well as coach team members
- The ability to create maintain internal and external communications fostering a transparent working environment between IT and the business
- The ability to lead and participate in code reviews to ensure the highest quality code is approved before being used
- Strong command over Microsoft server and client Operating Systems. Excellent experience in Windows Server 2008, 2012 administration (AD, GPO’s, security Groups, etc...)
- Good business knowledge and familiarity with industry standard IT policies/procedures with regards to development activities
- Excellent knowledge in using Microsoft office suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and MS Visio)
- Certifications by industry leading technology providers
Rewards & Benefits
- We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).