Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for an IT Infrastructure Specialist for a project in Jeddah to assess the combined set of IT infrastructure(hardware, software, networks, physical infrastructure) and ensure it is all optimally 'tuned' to meet the programme requirments.
A typical week would include:
• Assesses hardware, software and networking components (active and passive) and ensures optimal deployment and solutions in place to meet current and future programme demands
• Work with IT Director and project leaders to develop the most effective, flexible, and scalable IT infrastructure solutions
• Responsible for translating strategic business requirements into live working systems and networks
• Day-to-day operations of managing the infrastructure and network - ensures all the tools and systems are in place to configure, setup, monitor and operate the network effectively; all routines are in place to ensure proactive network monitoring and maintenance
• Migration of existing networks and infrastructure over to newly built network solutions
• Liaise and collaborate with key role-players, viz. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Specialist, IT Cloud Specialist, Security Specialist, IT Enterprise Architect, Project Management Information Specialist and GIS Specialist to ensure the Infrastructure Solution caters for all technology and application areas
• Define and communicate IT Infrastructure plans, policies, and standards to the organization
• Formulate and manage Disaster Recovery Plan
• Ensure high availability of network uptime and manage DR of all critical infrastructure
• Negotiate contracts and manage infrastructure vendors
• Produce reporting and key metrics for the infrastructure environment
• Ensure IT operations procedures in place and that all systems and key configurations are backed up
• Liaise and collaborate with external providers and resources to keep ahead of best-of-breed new developments, technology and deployments
• Ensure there is a clear and updated strategy and roadmap, along with all development stages and requirements, ensuring the IT infrastructure is planned and implemented to keep track with organisational and programme requirements
• Liaises with external providers / vendors regarding support, functionality, troubleshooting and shaping/mapping of overall network and infrastructure
• Active troubleshooting, testing and support to resolve all network and user issues
• Overall responsibility, as IT Infrastructure Specialist subject matter expert (SME), to ensure a complete fit-for-purpose network / infrastructure solution is designed, implemented and operated at all times
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or IT / Networking
• 10 years' related IT and Networking experience
• ITIL v3 or 4 certifications
• Experience in supporting a 1000+ user network and business / programme
• Experience and broad knowledge of end-to-end infrastructure technologies: Networks (Virtual and Physical), Servers, Storage, Backup and Archive Systems, Printing, Active Directory, SQL, etc.
• Experience and knowledge of physical ICT infrastructure and networking components: physical LAN / WAN infrastructure and technologies (copper and fibre), Data Rooms, networking equipment
• Broad application knowledge of common industry products: Microsoft Technologies and Applications, VMware, Solarwinds, Cisco, Dell EMC, HP, APC, etc.
• Experience in network administration and using network monitoring tools for performance tuning, troubleshooting and capacity planning
• Strong project management capabilities
• Thorough working knowledge and subject matter expert (SME) relating to IT Infrastructure Solutions - w.r.t design, implementation, customizing, shaping, analytics, troubleshooting and overall solution
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.?Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.