Job description / Role
RAWABI Holding Company
Operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
- Works with other desktop support technicians to install, configure, and troubleshoot computers and other related peripherals and software as directed by the Professional Services Unit Head.
- Supports in the rollout of new hardware and software across the organization.
- Performs hardware upgrade, new installation, de-installation, moves, addition and changes.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot basic hardware problem(s) and PC network connectivity problems.
- Prioritizes and ensures all user requests are resolved according to the departmental guidelines, using available tools, and ensures the Help Desktop System data is kept up to date and is accurate.
- Manage replacement parts inventories to meet service level agreements with vendors.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for future purchases.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment to ensure desktop/laptop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file servers, email servers, application servers, and network administrative systems.
- Write technical documents and procedures when necessary.
- Update assigned tickets on a daily basis so everyone within the IT team knows of the progress.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his/her direct manager
- University Degree or 2-3 years Diploma in IT technical related field.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) is a must - MCSE is a Plus.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience in an IT support function.
- Hardware configurations and setup expertise.
- Very good configuration knowledge of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Applications Suite, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops.
- General Antivirus applications knowledge.
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems, scanners, faxes, copiers.
- Must be able to lift up to 25Kgs.
- Must be willing to accept being re-assigned to other company's locations (Other business units), whether temporarily or permanently.
- Self-starter, ability to multitask, with little direct supervision, in a team environment.
- High level of commitment and positive attitude on achieving both departmental and business objectives.
- Fluent in English - Arabic language fluency preferred.
- Experience in the GCC is a plus (preferably in Saudi Arabia)
About the Company
Rawabi Holding, through its fully owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and partnerships with international market leaders, focuses on four core sectors:
Oilfield Services, Contracting & Industrial Services, Offshore Services and Retail. Through these divisions, we provide a diversified range of products and services to a variety of industries: oil, gas and petrochemicals; marine; engineering and construction; power, telecom and IT; corrosion and industrial services; logistics; and consumer products. Although varied and distinct, all our offerings share the same commitment to quality, service and excellence that make them part of the Rawabi Holding family.
Rawabi Holding is a purpose-driven company that exists not only to generate profit, but also to improve everyone and everything we can. From customer projects and employee development to our impact on the communities in which we work, Rawabi Holding is propelled by an unwavering energy to make everything we touch better. No matter how great the challenge or how complex the problem, we face it head-on to deliver proven results.