Job description / Role
The OSS Team Lead manages a team to provide all aspects of end-user technology support within a large geography (large single office/multiple offices/multiple countries) to prioritize tasks, interpret information, and apply technical knowledge to satisfy end user and firm objectives. This position has accountability for all aspects of end-user support and IT assets inventory within the defined geography, ensuring that metrics and performance standards are achieved and maintained. The position is also responsible for all aspects of staff management (hiring, development and review, etc.) for OSS staff in the defined geography.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Leverage multiple resources and coordinate team initiatives in order to meet customer needs consistent with IT Service support processes and expectations. Facilitate the implementation and support of defined solutions.
· Act creatively to prioritize tasks, interpret information, and apply technical knowledge to facilitate the implementation of technical and business solutions to complex technology needs and issues; develop complex action plans and strategies; oversee team members to ensure that appropriate tools, techniques, and standards are being utilized; analyze the impact of decisions; and mentor others through the solution process in order to satisfy end user needs.
· Build and maintain productive relationships with a wide range of end users within the geography supported by the local OSS team.
· Act as a liaison between OSS and end users supported by the local OSS team to ensure effective communications flow on matters related to end user support.
· Anticipate technology support issues, and act creatively to prioritize tasks, interpret information, and apply technical knowledge to facilitate the development and implementation of technical and business solutions to complex end user technology needs and issues.
· Work independently and or lead projects as assigned. Assess the special needs of local area offices and engagements, and respond appropriately.
· Document and track the status of inquiries, coordinate appropriate responses, and follow up to ensure end user satisfaction. Provide team oversight to ensure support metrics and key performance indicators are achieved.
· Maintain an understanding of the Firm’s business, organization and strategy sufficiently to resolve and anticipate end user technology issues that affect productivity of Firm personnel.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of IT Services’ organization and service offerings in order to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of the business drivers and technology needs of key engagements and accounts located within the supported geography. Communicate unique needs and customer feedback to appropriate IT Services personnel to ensure business imperatives are anticipated and addressed as possible/necessary.
· Understand and apply HR policies for the geography supported in a consistent and fair manner.
· Participate with and provide technical consultation to senior IT management as requested.
· Analyze the IT cost expense towards OPEX and CAPEX and do IT budgeting
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Strong analytical skills are required to address major incidents impacting the geography supported.
· Decision making responsibilities include the prioritization of work for an OSS team, and determining approaches to addressing service delivery concerns.
· This role receives limited oversight from a supervisor and is expected to be able to work independently
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· The ability to coordinate the daily responsibilities of a team, including interacting with counterparts in a virtual manner.
· The ability to handle all aspects of staff management (hiring, development, personnel issues, etc.).
· The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
· An understanding of the Firm’s business and organizational structure.
· Excellent customer service attitude.
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of end users and IT personnel.
· The ability to establish strong relationships with key customers who lead office functions or large engagements and accounts.
· Proficiency in English language communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
· This role will lead and manage a team located in Middle East.
· OT is worked as necessary
· Travel to other locations within the geography of support will be necessary
· A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
· At least 4 years in leading teams and staff, or equivalent management experience.
· Approximately 6 -10 years of project management experience in support of IT products.
· Broad knowledge of/experience in end user computing and PC Workstation-based applications and hardware.
This job description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions and functions may vary depending on the particular geographic location of the job and/or the manager. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.