Job description / Role
In a business where support in the IT field is crucial to ensure daily operations are not interrupted and professionalism is demonstrated to the highest standard. As the OSS Technology Specialist, you will provide technical support, guidance and consultation associated with products supported and services provided by OSS/IT Services.
You will provide meaningful contributions to team efforts to enhance departmental effectiveness; acts creatively to prioritize tasks; interprets information; and applies technical knowledge to satisfy end user and firm objectives. You will also anticipate technology support issues, and create solutions with appropriate consultation.
Your key responsibilities
• Assisting with the deployment of hardware and software to end users (including the installation, configuration and testing of more complex firm hardware)
• Assisting with or coordinating the repair of end user hardware and the reinstallation of software as necessary to resolve incidents
• Resolving complex incidents associated with firm standard end user software and hardware, including mobile/hand-held technologies
• Identify sources and trends of technical incidents to prevent future occurrences.
• You will act as a lead to less experienced specialists
• Provide after-hours service for escalated issues from the Service Desk or supervisor
• Perform asset management activities (procurement, receipt, inventory, tracking, distribution, etc) in accordance with firm policy and IT Service process
• Operate as “remote hands” for other IT functions, such as Telecommunications and Hosting
• Anticipate technology support issues, and acts creatively to prioritize tasks, interpret information, and apply technical knowledge to facilitate the development and implementation of technical and business solutions to complex end user technology needs and issues
• You will work independently on small projects.
• Assess the special needs of local area offices and engagements, and respond appropriately
• Document and track the status of inquiries, coordinate appropriate responses, and follow up to ensure end user satisfaction
• Maintain a thorough understanding of IT Services organization and service offerings in order to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents
• Understand the Firm’s business and organization sufficiently to anticipate and resolve end user technology issues that affect productivity of Firm personnel
• Perform technical induction for new joiners and Trainings for business and internal team
Skills and attributes for success
• The ability to be able to identify, assess and advise on technical issues
• Networking with team members and other support teams to achieve the best results
• Being responsive and accountable for all things
To qualify you must have
• Bachelor’s degree (Technical) – Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• 0 – 2 Years’ Experience
• The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, organizational, and project management skills
• Excellent customer service attitude
• Strong analytical skills are required to address end-user incidents escalated from the service desk or offered by end user on walk-up issues
• Under supervision addresses issues affecting users within the supported geography.
Ideally, you will also have
• Experience working in an end user environment for a professional organization
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region