Job description / Role
Junior Executive Chef
We are looking for a Junior Executive Chef who is an enthusiastic, hospitality-oriented professional that will oversee our hotel banquet kitchen/restaurant operations, while providing outstanding service to ensure total guest satisfaction in compliance with company policies and procedures. Establish and support a high level of cooperation and teamwork in all areas of the department and among other departments.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- The Junior Executive Chef will assist the Executive Chef in all activities related to the kitchen, which usually includes suggest recipes to create menus, managing kitchen staff, ordering and purchasing stock and equipment, plating design, and ensuring that all meals served in the outlets and banquet are both delicious and nutritious. He/ She will lead the staff while personally assisting in all areas of the kitchen, including food production, purchasing and kitchen sanitation.
- The ability to ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared.
- Monitor Food costs with the supervision of the Executive Chef
- Support the Executive Chef with administrative responsibilities i.e. scheduling, payroll, expenses, etc. ensuring that all costs are place and carried out appropriately.
- Supervise all methods of food preparation and cooking methods, size of portions, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Coordinate and supervise the ordering of all food supplies and kitchen equipment; approves all products to meet quality standards; keeps cost accounts; and takes responsibility of food preparation areas.
- Train, develop, discipline, supervise and organize all kitchen personnel on a regular basis.
- Lead regular meetings with the kitchen staff as well as attend and participate in all required meetings. to set expectation for the operation and heartists
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of all food preparation equipment.
- Supervise and maintain Staff canteen
- Supervise and monitor stewarding team
- Develop and ensure a safe working environment for people to work.
- Communicate with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef on a regular basis the activities and result of the kitchen.
Your experience and skills include:
- Proven knowledge of, and ability to oversee and manage our hotel banquet kitchen/restaurant operations through a minimum of 2 years in Food and Beverage Management of a four-diamond hotel.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Be able to use good judgment and work independently in a multi-task position
- Solid time-management
- Organizational and people skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of the Culinary Arts
- Minimum 2 years cooking experience
- Experience in a hotel with comparable service and standards
- Service focused personality is essential and previous leadership experience required
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.