Job description / Role
This role has three core areas of responsibility:
• Design and develop projects based on Stantec brand guidelines, including:
• Creating proposal and business development material (large documents including, charts, graphs, tables along with tabs, packaging, and layouts as required)
• Creating presentations, brochures and reports containing technical and financial data.
• Designing e-Materials and online graphics as needed
• Supporting special events (client receptions, trade shows, etc.)
• Contributing to brainstorming sessions
• Assisting with larger company-wide initiatives
• Support brand awareness campaigns
• Act as a marketing photography contact as required, with occasional on-site art direction
• Dealing with print suppliers to manage and check deliverables
• Preparing creative briefs for photographers
• Implement brand standards, including photography styles and brand program guidelines
• Ensure work is correct and consistently completes quality reviews of their work
• Collaborates with the wider Stantec design team, shares in-progress designs for feedback
• Gives design tips to marketing colleagues, through team meetings and ongoing project support
• Thoughtfully incorporates feedback from internal clients and design and marketing team members, and responds with several options
• Works with the marketing team to proactively educate on brand guidelines and design best practices
• Conducts ongoing benchmarking to stay on top of industry trends, new technologies and design software
• Watches for and participates in professional development opportunities and design industry events, bringing back ideas and lessons to the design team
• Networks within and becomes a part of local and/or online design communities
• Managing and completing all work on time, within brand guidelines, and error-free; reporting status of projects to supervisors
• Coordinating with the marketing and design team to create and execute design solutions
• Seeking input proactively and searching out content from others; attending meetings to understand needs/scope of a project
• Successfully juggling multiple projects and priorities, marrying short timeframes with high-quality work.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role in a medium to large size organization
• Post-secondary education in graphic design
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Highly proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite Software - particularly the use of InDesign to produce large documents and layouts.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications including, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
• Strength in Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, AutoCAD, Revit, would be an advantage
• Strong design capabilities and the ability to apply design concepts consistent with Stantec's brand identity
• Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts to clients
• Ability to effectively balance priorities, multi-task, and manage time
• Experience creating infographics
• Must be a KSA National
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.