Job description / Role
The areas they will be working in will be as follows:
• Category Business Plans – Drive Category Sales and Margin by implementing the Category Business Plans and identifying new ways to maximize promotional opportunities, optimise product offerings and implement competitive pricing.
• Work closely with Category Insights Team on Promotions management: - Development and implementation of a comprehensive promotions strategy to help drive sales across all categories. Review promotional campaign performance for effectiveness against agreed criteria.
• Customer management – keep up to date with the latest available category trends and developments. Utilise the available consumer research data to better understand the end customer needs and improve the customer offer.
• Merchandising: - Work with Retail Operations to maintain a detailed shop floor layout and visual merchandising plan to optimise space management.
• Vendor Collaboration – Select, negotiate and work with all key suppliers to maximise their contribution to the business. Develop strong working relationships with them which recognise the mutual dependence of both parties. Implement supplier performance management processes which measure and reviewing performance using agreed vendor scorecards KPI’s.
• Product introductions: - As part of the global Procurement strategy, work in partnership with suppliers to create and introduce competitive, trend matching product assortments which drive the. Perform continual review of assortment to remove non-performers.
• Product replenishment: - Optimising inventory management ensuring consistent supply of inventory to satisfy customer demand.
• Sales support – Creation of monthly sales report for distribution to Senior Team
• Supplier Administration Management – Ensure suppliers adhere to administration templates given to them.
• Has a passion for retail - is ambitious for self and company
• Excellent negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
• Excellent understanding of category management and retail systems.
• Comprehensive understanding of the wider retail business.
• Strong understanding of supply chains and logistics highly desirable.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering