Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose, we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Junior Sustainability Engineer (KSA National) to join our award-winning team based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
We envisage success in this role to include:
- Assisting the sustainability manager in conducting compliance assessment & assurance for projects
- Reading, understanding, and extracting relevant information from other teams' documents/drawings
- Understanding sustainability performance criteria, associated requirements & compliance paths
- Maintaining & updating trackers and checklists as instructed by the project manager
- Organising information and documents as records of evidence of compliance
- Conducting calculations and analyses under the guidance of senior engineers
- Drafting narratives demonstrating findings and compliance assessment
- Excellent reading, writing & communication skills (English & Arabic)
- General understanding of Sustainability in the built environment
- Ability to read and understand design documents (spreadsheets, reports, drawings…)
- Basic knowledge of Environmental Compliance Systems (IOSH, NEBOSH, ISO-14001, …)
- Advanced use of MS Excel, Powerpoint & Word
- Creativity, Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to pay attention to details
- Punctuality and understanding of the importance of meeting the deadlines
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 2-4 years' work experience in a similar role partnered Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Urban Planning, Environmental Science, or Renewable Energy.
- BEMP by ASHRAE, LEED AP is desirable.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- AutoCAD or REVIT ACP (AutoDesk Certified Professional) is a plus.
- Please note that KSA Nationals will be considered for this opportunity.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.