Job description / Role
Are you passionate about e-commerce? Are you looking to join a community of business development professionals that support the growth of small and medium sized businesses? Or want to solve complex business problems with strategic impact for a population of selling partners? Amazon, one of the world's leaders in e-commerce is looking for a Key Account Manager to join its Third-Party Marketplace team based in Riyadh, Saudi.
Working in a dynamic business development environment, your role will be focused on contributing to new acquisition (50% of the time) through hunting, specifically phone/email-based prospecting and recruiting of new merchants who can bring their competitive range of products, pricing and availability to Amazon. You will also work with merchants as an account manager (50% of the time) – helping them to launch and grow their on Amazon by ensuring they understand Amazon’s products, services, systems and tools. You will be responsible for using feedback from the merchants to identify opportunities to improve Amazon’s products, services, processes, systems and tools. Lastly, Lead a variety of projects that drive growth and improve Customer Experience and Seller Experience in Egypt. Partner with regional teams to drive automation and scalability across organization.
To be successful in this role you must have superior analytical, communication, and presentation skills. Operating in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment, working autonomously and taking full control & responsibility for achieving business objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Identify, prospect, and recruit high-potential selling partners to Aamzon.sa Marketplace.
· Effectively prioritize and lead a portfolio of selling partners to realize the product family's opportunities and goals (both Inputs/Outputs metrics).
· Be your seller partners' consultant, providing them with data-driven insights and advice to optimize their success and grow their business
· Identify key business opportunities of your categories via spotting popular brands, trends, and pricing to ensure managing the portfolio toward a growth plan
· Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting selling partners' business performance and provide the Voice of the Seller as an input into product development and process improvement.
· Work closely with selling partners, educating them about Amazon’s high standards of Delivery and Customer Experience
· Track and report business development results, analyze data, interpret reports and information, and publish recommendations & action plans for your portfolio of selling partners.
· Partner with multiple stakeholders to align programs and initiatives to help drive the growth of your selling partners portfolio.
· Lead a variety of projects that drive growth and improve Customer Experience and Seller Experience in Saudi.
· Partner with regional teams to drive automation and scalability across organization.
· 5-6 years' of related experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Management, Engineering or related degree required
· Demonstrated Analytical ability, either in professional experience (data analysis) or education
· Excellent written and oral communication; able to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
· Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of Advanced
· Excel Negotiation and Selling skills
· 7-8 years' of related experience
· Masters Degree in Management, Business or related degree required
· Previous experience and demonstrated track record in account management, product marketing or management consulting roles
· E-Commerce, Retail experience preferred.
· Knowledge of Advanced Excel, SQL, sales and productivity tools like Oracle Business Intelligence, Salesforce is a plus
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.