Job description / Role
Excellent career development opportunity with promotion opportunities!
POSITION: Kitchen Porter
PACKAGE: Competitive salary and leave offered, housing, flight allowance and full medical insurance
12 Month Renewable Contract
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Kitchen Trainee will liaise with the Executive Chef, Senior Chef and Chef de Partie on duty for all operational needs for the Catering department and ensure that all food preparation areas are maintained to the highest standard.
• Developing your skills in cooking and always maintain a positive attitude
• Work when and where required within all areas of the catering department
• Listen carefully to instructions given by senior staff and carry out duties in a responsible timely manner without hesitation
• Food preparation and servicing with an emphasis on quality, freshness and timing
• Carry out the cleaning procedures and hygiene practices, according to HACCP requirements
• Maintain good personal hygiene ensuring that a high standard of personal grooming is adhered to
• Ensure all kitchen equipment are well maintained, regularly checked, and to report any problems to the chef in charge for maintenance
• Report for duty on time and in the correct uniform provided
• Follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) where implemented
• To monitor stock movement and be responsible for your section
• Be flexible and willing to help all areas of the kitchen without direction
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Previous experience in similar role preferred
• Basic knowledge of food safety programs preferred
• Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential
• Willing to learn with a positive attitude
• No Smoking and No visible Tattoos
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please read the full job description very carefully and ensure you meet all the criteria listed before applying. If your application meets all the criteria, shall the Crew Specialist managing the position be in touch further via email/phone.
About the Company
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management company offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Our highly qualified and versatile multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to provide the essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
From being one of the industry’s first ever dedicated yacht management companies, our expertise and range of services has constantly grown. Starting with setting up an offshore ownership structure for your new yacht our service offer is complete all the way through to paying the crew through our Guernsey Employment Company.