Job description / Role
• Contributes to the execution of the 24x7 security event management procedures in SOC, and assists in the development of new use cases and content to improve threat detection and incident response for Clients.
• Follows the Event Management processes according to MSS practices to provide support to L1 analysts to their 24x7 operations and ensure successful delivery of Blue Team Support services to clients on time and of high quality.
• Performs threat hunting by analyzing and researching the techniques, tools, and processes used by threat actors to guide threat containment or threat prevention and minimize risk for our clients
• Delivers internal tasks of new SIEM content and data reporting to address customer requests or project plan deliverables in a timely and accurate manner.
• Contributes to the collection of threat intelligence and authoring of security advisory articles to prevent zero-day attacks or increase OBRELA’s customer's awareness of new or outbreaking attacks around the globe.
• Contributes to client training to provide successful end users familiarization with OBRELA’s MDR services.
• Responds to customer requests to process new security monitoring requirements.
• Delivers data to the Operational Officers or the DevOps team to serve the needs of SOC or the needs of other departments in a timely and accurate manner.
• Coordinates, coaches and motivates part of the L1 analysts’ team, through the appropriate on-the-job training, development, and feedback about performance to ensure that L1 analysts have the appropriate knowledge, skills, and support that will help them perform effectively and contribute to the achievement of the department’s desired short and long-term objectives.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
• Master's Degree in Information Security is desired
• Industry Certifications such as CISSP or GCIA is desired
• 2+ years experience in the information security industry including operations
• Experience with operations using a SIEM solution is desired
• Prior hands-on experience within a technical IT Security position (e.g. network/IT security engineer, penetration testing, technical advisor etc) is desired
• Sound understanding of TCP/IP, networking protocols, popular Operating Systems, and Databases
• Understanding of common attack methods and exploitation techniques, along with the detection and remediation strategies
• Good knowledge of Active Directory / MS Exchange, LDAP Database queries, and data mining
• History of working under pressure and/or within various incident situations
• Excellent customer service, verbal and writing skills in both English and Greek Language
• Ability to fast learn, absorb, and apply new, job-related techniques. Keep abreast of IT new ideas and directions.
• Be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work within a high-performance team
About the Company
We manage cyber exposure, risks and compliance.
We identify, predict and prevent cyber threats.
We use security analytics and sophisticated risk and threat management technology to dynamically protect our clients by identifying, analyzing, predicting and preventing cyber threats.
In real time.
SOC Operations Officer
Obrela Security Industries
Senior Security Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||5 Sep|
Senior SOC Engineer
Obrela Security Industries
Information Security Specialist
Information Security Analyst
Big Fish Recruitment
|Abu Dhabi||21 Nov|