Job description / Role
• The Laboratory Coordinator will take a central role in organising the day-to-day activities of the MANAR R&D laboratories. As an enabling function the coordinator will ensure that tasks for projects and activities are scheduled, delivered, and reported in a timely manner to the quality standards defined in the MANAR quality management system.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the organisation of day to day tasks in the R&D laboratories in MANAR.
• Coordinate laboratory tasks with technicians to deliver timely results to leaders of projects and activities. Manage tasks through the laboratory information management system (LIMS).
• Coordinate with technique specialist to ensure that lab techniques are performing to SQC standards.
• Coordinate with Facility Services and technique specialists to ensure that lab equipment repairs and PM are scheduled.
• Handle requests for services from internal and external customers.
• Ensure that the required test methods are identified, set-up, and validated.
• Maintain equipment SOP records.
• Maintain the equipment training records.
• Monitor compliance of technicians with the technicians’ development and individual development programs.
• Ensure project experimental data are recorded, filed, and reported in accordance with the Sipchem R&D standards.
• Ensures compliance of the laboratory work with the MANAR quality management system.
• Diploma in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
• 5 years industrial experience with laboratory instruments. 5 years of industrial testing methods.
• Has worked in an industrial analytical laboratory.
• Familiar with the analytical instruments such as GC, HPLC, TGA, DSC, FTIR, ICP, Mechanical and Physical Testing Equipment, and others. ISO 9001 quality management system experience.
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.