Job description / Role
- Organizes, supervises, and controls activities related to his/her assignments.
- The Supervisor works in close relationship with the other supervisors and Manager to pursue the organization's strategic objectives and makes recommendations to the Manager with respect to improvements of operations and all related policies and process effectiveness.
- Ensure that equipment and manpower are used productively and appropriately and that they meet production objectives and client demands;
- Ensure that all processes are performed according to the methods detailed in the standard operating procedures (SOP);
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the results generated and that client deadlines are respected;
- Provide the necessary reports and data summarizing the group's performance to the department manager;
- Participate in the evaluation of needs for equipment and tools to support the activities;
- Ensure the processing of results satisfy client deadlines and strive to exceed the demands of the client
- Ensure that results are transmitted promptly to the client
- Be proactive in the identification of problems and inform the appropriate person or act upon accordingly.
- Train and integrate new analysts to the activities and quality standards related to the organization
- See that the personnel receive the necessary and appropriate support and training to maintain a highly competent staff.
- Preparing Laboratory MIS on daily basis.
- Maintaining inventory of the Lab consumables and ensuring it is within budget.
- Physical verification of the in-process material.
- Monitoring of process losses by means of physical inspection as well as lab analysis.
- Fulfilling customer/ISO/regulatory audit requirements with respect to Laboratory
- Reporting to: Laboratory Manager
- Number required: 1
- Duration: Permanent
- Desired start date: Immediately
- Probation: 90 - 180 Days
- BSc in Chemistry, Food Technology or related field
Nature and length of previous experience:
- 5-7 years in laboratory experience with 2-3 years of supervisory experience
- Familiar with ISO 17025, HACCP/FSSC, ICUMSA standards.
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Analytical Skills
- Organizational and supervisory skills
About the Company
Durrah is developing a state-of-the-art Sugar Refinery in King Fahad Industrial Port in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia with a capital of 1.2 billion Saudi Riyals.
About 300km north Jeddah at west-coast of Saudi Arabia on the Red Sea, a 150,000 M² occupied by Durrah Sugar Refinery located in King Fahad Industrial port with 18 m direct deep wharf within the industrial city of Yanbu. Durrah Sugar Refinery is designed to process a minimum of 2,500 Mt / day of raw cane sugar into white refined sugar.
The construction of the project is commencing in 3rd quarter of 2015 with targeted construction period of 22 months, while commercial production will commence in the 2nd quarter of 2017.
Durrah Sugar Refinery will produce high quality white sugar in different sizes targeting retail and industrial segments.
HSE / Laboratory Manager for a Group of Companies
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||23 Apr|
Process Engineer (Water Treatment)
Anglo Technical Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||27 May|
Quality Assurance Officer
CSG Global Talent
|Saudi Arabia||12 May|
Chemical Lead Engineer
Laboratory Technician for an Oil and Gas Company
RTC-1 Employment Services