Job description / Role
Our client, a leading healthcare facility in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is currently looking for a Lactation Consultant / Educator. In this role, you are responsible for offering consultations to breastfeeding mothers in the hospital and possibly in the home setting and you will act as an advocate for breast-feeding as the child-feeding norm. In the inpatient services she provides support to breastfeeding mothers, wherever they are based. In addition, the Lactation Consultant provides outpatient/outreach programs so that patients and clients have direct access to education, consultation, follow-up, and other necessary resources during the preconception, prenatal, and postnatal periods. He/ she serves as a consultant to nursing, physicians and patients about lactation.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
• Provide lactation support and services to breastfeeding mothers/ infants upon physician or Nurse referral
• Collaborate with mothers and other professionals as required to develop complex feeding plans
• Address maternal and family feeding preferences while respecting the individual family’s breastfeeding goals
• Teach, coach, support, and mentor nursing staff and other healthcare professionals to promote evidence-based clinical practice related to human lactation, and to support breastfeeding for mothers-infants
• Assess patients’ needs for breastfeeding education and participate/teach on programs aimed at addressing those needs.
• Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in research, and quality improvement opportunities that will advance the knowledge base and practice of lactation services
• Participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, guidelines, standards of practice and protocols related to lactation
• Carry out professional training, in-services, quality assurance plans, meetings and suggests/supports methods in which practice could be improved
• Manage time and resources effectively.
• Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s Degree (Nursing Assistant certifications from a recognized institution or equivalent)
• Nursing Assistant experience is preferred.
• Experience in the Operating Room or other perioperative area preferred.
• Proficient knowledge of OR/ Perioperative processes and terminology.
• Basic Life Support required
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.