This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform survey work under the direction and guidance of the Civil Resident Engineer.
- Establish primary horizontal and vertical control points including reference ties for re-establishing the points in the field.
- Supervise survey party staff.
- Record all measurements, rod readings and calculations neatly and accurately in field books as the work progresses.
- Coordinate with the Contractor's surveyor on work priorities and schedules.
- Check all work by completing traverse closures and bench circuits.
- Report discrepancies or technical problems to the Assistant Resident Engineer.
- Perform joint measurements of the completed work or payment.
- Check completed work for conformance to the line and grade required by the project plans in coordination with the Inspector assigned to the item of work.
- Perform regular checks of the Contractor's setting out to verify proper execution and accuracy.
- Maintain equipment in proper condition and perform frequent calibration checks.
He must have B. Sc in civil engineering - Land surveying
Years of Experience:
He should have experience of not less than (4) years in Survey works; or
he may have a Diploma in land survey with experience of not less than (6) years;
experience in wastewater treatment plant projects is a plus
- He should have experience in supervising similar projects (especially wastewater treatment plant projects),
- He should be excellent in IT (word, Excel, Autocad
- He should be good in English
Person Specification (Personality Attributes):
- Must be pro-active, adaptable and a team player
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Must be a self-starter and possess leadership qualities.
- Able to set priorities and meet critical time deadlines.
About the Company
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in approximately 125 countries and had revenue of $7.3 billion.