Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Land Surveyor with over 10 years experience to join the Construction Supervision team in marine /civil works in AMAALA.
The key objectives of the roles are to:
* Collect and agree the reference points which will be used for the setting out, Computing the correct coordinates of the traverse using AutoCAD.
* Effective use of surveying instruments as well as its function to conduct various surveying tasks and performing test to check that the instruments is well calibrated as part of ISO procedures before commencing the work.
* Coordinate with the Site Engineers for the priority of the project with regards to implementation, changes of plans or deviations unusual activities or non-conformances rectification work and Coordinate with the Consultant for the Inspection & Approval.
* Ensure the positional accuracy of the works.
* Identify any positional or dimensional errors in the Contract Drawings.
* Report any works constructed to incorrect alignment or levels.
* Verify the accuracy of the information contained on the as built drawings
* Prepares daily accomplishment report of the as built surveys.
* Setting out / Stakeout of all the coordinates project boundary & property lines alignments and elevations.
* Assists in property surveys and keeping a good record of all property/accommodation related matters on the project during lad acquisition and for enabling work planning and execution
* Keep all the records of the works in digital & hard format for making the as built drawings.
A typical week would include:
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree /Diploma in Civil Engineering.
* Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience on marine/coastal and/or infrastructure projects.
* Up to date with Surveying systems, planning, and investigations.
What if we can?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.