Job description / Role
• The Landscape Architect position is a design and technical position responsible for the Operation & Maintenance Department’s (O&M) landscape activities in Jazan.
• The position provides design and technical advice to O&M on all landscape related strategy and project matters.
• Member of the Operations & Maintenance Department staff at JCPDI. Reports to Team Leader, Operations Manager and Interfaces with project RC Jazan Management/ Technical staff within the Operation & Maintenance Department.
• Liaises with staff across all Royal Commission Departments’ including, Urban Planning, Environmental Protection and Control, Engineering and Construction.
Major Activities Performed
• Provides landscape and hardscape architectural design and technical input to O&M’s projects and programs.
• Coordinates and provide design as major activities on landscape and hardscape architectural across other RC Departments.
• Prepares technical specifications and scope of work descriptions relating to design, material palettes (hard and soft-scape, planting palettes and irrigation schedules.
• Prepares Requests for Proposal (RFP) documents for landscape and hardscape design concepts.
• Provides technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences as required.
• Reviews A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculations submittals, coordinates with the work of other disciplines and prepare written reports and review comments.
• Performs field inspections and provides professional field support as necessary during construction and maintenance phases.
• Prepares technical correspondence, reports, and studies, along with presentation to Senior Management.
• Provides landscape and hardscape architectural design solutions and prepares such design and technical packages for delivery either internally or externally through RC contractors.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture from a western country university, with a minimum of 10 years’ post-graduate professional experience.
• A minimum of 5 years’ construction experience related to delivering landscape projects as part of large scale community based development projects.
• Practical experience with Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) and other landscape innovation practices in arid environments.
• Chartered membership/registration with a western Landscape Architectural Institution required. Corporate (full professional) membership highly desirable.
• A minimum of 3-5 years working professional experience in Gulf Countries preferred.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Ability to present complex information to senior management and diverse audiences, both verbally and graphically
• Preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals.
• Proficient in Autodesk CAD and Autodesk 3D Civil
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications such as: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Creative Suite and 3D illustrating software such as 3D Studio Max, Professional Sketchup and Lumion etc.
Specific technical qualifications for the requested position are identified below:
• In depth working knowledge of best landscape practice and landscape standards.
• Experienced in detailed design, design materials, irrigation, planting design and the application of street furniture, wayfinding signage, external lighting design and water features, etc.
• Experience in painting systems and other coating systems for Outdoor structures (wood, metal, concrete etc.)
• Knowledge of general zoning regulations and landscape criteria.
• Knowledge of design and construction management principles, construction techniques, standards and practices.
• Ability to independently evaluate, select and modify standard landscape architectural techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Make frequent site visits, provide technical assistance and report/resolve construction issues in a cost effective manner.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.