Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory, responsible for the overall operation of the Laundry Department. To achieve a high standard of Guest Laundry, maintain an efficient and satisfactory expensed operation. To support and provide fine quality laundry service by assisting all , which will help turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Director of Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the Laundry Departments daily operation.
- Responsible for department's budget & control the expenditure.
- Have a complete knowledge of all areas in the laundry operation: washing, spotting, starching, dry-cleaning and pressing.
- Manage the Laundry training, assign work, and monitor the quality of the laundry and quantities.
- Maintains the highest standards when handling guest Laundry/Dry cleaning to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establishes and maintains department organization, manning and productivity, ensuring a smooth operation on business forecast.
- Hires the best individuals depends on the department requirements .
- Implement and manages training programs for the different areas.
- Ensure that the staffs are well trained for the correct use of all equipment's & machines.
- Creates a positive and highly motivated working environment that promotes and develops teamwork.
- Analyze monthly reports and reviews opportunities for improvement.
- Prepares operation equipment par level. Conducts inventory and studies opportunities to reduce losses and damages.
- Ensure consistent and accurate inventories to be taken in accordingly.
- Prepares reviews and submits all reports in a timely manner.
- Organize movement of dirty and clean laundry and of guest valet service.
- Ensure all damaged linen and uniforms are sent to the uniform room for repairs or discarding.
- Control and record chemical consumption and recorder as required. Responsible for careful handling of chemicals to avoid accidents.
- Assist in maintaining records of stock and equipment.
- Ensure an accurate valet delivery.
- Ensure daily production records for linen and uniforms are maintained.
- Develop performance standards for operations in the department.
- Prepare the staff rosters. Ensure all reporting and servicing deadlines are met on a timely manner.
- Ensure a high level of cleaning is maintained in work area.
- Keep the equipment maintenance schedules.
- Prepare and maintain files, reports, letters, memorandums and other relevant business documentation.
- Ensure all the staff work according to the policies and procedures.
- Continue to study new fabric knowledge on world and grasp recent developments in science and technology.
- Carry out other tasks as directed by Director of Housekeeping.
- Ensure prompt and correct guest charges.
- Ensure all accurate information regarding Guest History and preferences are recorded and forwarded to Director of Housekeeping.
- Adhere to the hotel's emergency policies and procedures.
- Be aware of safety hazards for all associates and report to proper department for immediate resolutions .
- Train all associates on all Emergency and Fire procedures to ensure safe and proper evacuation if situation arises.
- Handle and store stock according to stock control procedure .
- Prevent and resolve grievances. Discipline staff, when necessary.
- Determine and plan for future staffing needs. Implement staff performance appraisals.
- Maintain up-to-date staff records.
- Implement appropriate management practices that provide staff motivation and communication.
- Ensure that the environment initiatives are adhered to the workplace and participates in community activities and programs.
- Any smoke, flood excessive heat or fire or smelling something unusual like gas must be first reported and elevated to Fire Command Center before any attempt to deal with the matter.
- Previous laundry experience at manager level position.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Passion for guest service.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and guest requests.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.