Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for a Lead CAD Technician in KSA.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Parking Layout drawings
- OS map drawings including lane widening, curb lines and junction layouts
- Site access and circulation layout drawings
- Production of general arrangement drawings using AutoCAD
- Preparation of sketches and figures
- Adherence to Atkins CAD manual
- Adherence to Atkins Quality Manual & Procedures
- Coordination with other design disciplines
- Plan & organise own work.
- 10 years' experience in similar role
- Degree qualified
- Expert level user of AutoCAD software
- Experience in road and scheme design
- Good grasp of engineering principles
- Appreciation of Highways and Parking Scheme designs
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively, both written and verbal
- Previous experience of working in a multidisciplinary organisation
- Advanced level in understanding AutoCAD demands
- Experience in design of Highways Schemes and Parking Layouts.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to use own initiative and work without excessive supervision
- Able to prioritise, plan workload efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail - able to self check and correct work.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).