Job description / Role
Lead Compensation and Benefits Specialist - MENAT
Role Summary:This role will provide analytical and other professional level support to the compensation function for Power. This role will help lead in the design, implementation, communication and administration of competitive compensation programs that align with the business plans, goals and objectives of our clients.
• Support Alignment of C&B programs with company’s business strategy for the region
• Collaborate with Global Compensation Programs and Regional C&B Leads to support annual incentive compensation plan cycle –annual bonus roll-out, annual bonus pay-out, on-going bonus queries
• Manage external Market Data and support development of salary structures
• Create innovative ways to deliver compensation education, analysis and products.
• Periodically review and assess internal pay competitiveness across business functions and bands –identify inequities and recommend appropriate adjustments
• Monitor and review changes in compensation laws and regulations; periodically reviews programs and processes for compliance
• Potentially support the management of variable incentive compensation programs, including participant tracking, payout calculations, and payment processing and administration
• Advise regional HR Manager on the implementation and execution of global policies
Location is flexible; but preferably in cities / regions with key GE presence
GE Power relocation policy and approval process will be applicable
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a human resources or compensation position
• At least 3 additional years of experience in compensation or in HR with functional knowledge of compensation concepts, systems, and administration
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Human Resources is preferred.
• Prior experience with HR practices and applicable regulatory knowledge is preferred.
• Prior knowledge of REWARD desired
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Strong PC skills including MS Office and strong database skills (Excel).
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work in complex, matrixed, goal-driven organizations, with a specific track record of working effectively with all levels of management
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.