Job description / Role
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Participates in post-award contract administration functions including fulfilling and meeting contract requirements, negotiations and contract administration. Supports and advises the Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM), Section Managers, and the Director of Construction in all legal matters and Royal Commission contractual matters to meet contractual compliance.
Major Activities Performed:
• Maintains a legal and contractual liaison between Contractor, SAPL and Royal Commission.
• Coordinates with Senior Resident Construction Manager and Resident Construction Engineers relating to field administration of contracts.
• Responsible for the timely preparation of legal and contractual documents such as; Letters of Instructions (LOIs), Contract Change Orders / Modifications, Insurance Documents, Sub-Contractor Approval packages, Certificate of Final Acceptance (COFA), and other legal or contractual packages as needed.
• Prepares and negotiates cost impacts and schedule changes with Contractor for contract Change Orders / Modifications – as a member of the Construction Negotiation Team.
• Prepares contract initial and final acceptance, certificates of maintenance and coordinates contract closeout.
• Prepares and maintains records of activity and status of contracts to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions.
• Reviews and assists in resolving and processing claims, back charges, invoices.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Contract Administrator Supervisor.
Reports directly to the Contract Administrator Supervisor. Provides support to the Senior Resident Construction Engineers in all contractual matters. Interfaces with SAPL and Royal Commission Construction Managers, and occasionally Royal Commission Senior Management in supporting legal and contractual positions and negotiates directly with senior Contractor personnel.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science, or Law Degree.
• Minimal eight (8) years experience in contract administration, negotiation, or legal affairs. Mideast Experience is a plus.
• Must be fluent in English and effectively communicate in both spoken and written skills regarding contract issues.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.