Job description / Role
Our Middle East offices include the UAE (Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia & Kuwait. As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment Atkins in the Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
• Advising the Design Team on technical matters in core discipline.
• Managing quality and technical compliance
• Monitoring work executed
• Interface with other disciplines, MOD consultants and contractors.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
• Degree qualified in a core design discipline
• Chartered Engineer (or equivalent)
• Member of a recognized professional institution
• Minimum of 15 years of post graduate professional experience of which 5 will have been in a similar senior position
• At least 5 years experience on multi-disciplinary multi discipline design projects
• Work experience either within the Middle East or on the design of Middle East projects
• Detailed knowledge of applicable international design standards
• Experience of technical design software
• Sound managerial and Technical skill set
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
• Ability to liaise with a wide variety of staff and Clients at all levels essential
• Be able to show Leadership skills
• Have excellent team building skills
• Commercial awareness
• Working knowledge of Health & Safety best practices in the Middle East
• Administrative skills
• Delegation skills
• Negotiation and presentation skills
• Ability to Influence at all levels
• Experience of Saudi Arabia building design standards would be advantageous
• Experience of due diligence for building projects desirable
• Experience of undertaking technical reviews.
• Excellent team player
• Decisive, clear and consistent in approach to Structural Engineering Design
• Sound communicator
• Excellent technical judgement
• Willingness to participate in all aspects of Structural Engineering workload delivery
• Understand the importance of technical accuracy with a high attention to detail
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance
• Transportation allowance
• 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance program
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).