Job description / Role
International Design Consultancy are currently in search for a Lead Electrical Engineer to manage Electrical and Power department.
• Supervises and directs all Electrical Engineering and design personnel on the assigned project team.
• Monitors all engineering, design, 3D CAD and CAD drafting activities to assure conformance with Client and/or Company specifications, governing codes, and good engineering practice.
• Develop proposals, concept designs, and trade studies for projects.
• Prepare and present technical aspects of projects during internal and external design reviews.
• Ensure coordination with other disciplines is effective for each project.
• Provide guidance and advice to all within the project discipline.
• Develop methods and procedures to improve efficiency of the discipline.
• Ensure latest Rules and requirements are understood by all within the discipline.
• Review, Check and Approval of all engineering deliverables produced by the discipline.
• Ensure all design engineering procedures are followed while doing the engineering
• Review and respond to subcontractor design submittals.
• Support project management with schedule, budget, and scope tracking and analysis.
• Assures that every effort is made to meet the project schedule within the budgeted effort hours allotted.
• Makes decisions with regards to manpower, staffing and scheduling of the project Electrical team effort.
• Attend required meetings with clients and directly representing to the clients during project time.
• Develop and maintain effort-hour budget, manpower requirements, and project schedules.
• Gain a full understanding of the project scope and procedure.
• Degree in Electrical from recognized institution
• Western experience + GCC experience
• +15 years’ experience with minimum 5 years’ experience in GCC area
• Experience in the design of Low Voltage, MV & HV
• Experience in Low current systems will be an advantage
• Previous experience in working with large engineering firms
• Previous experience in working with organizations like Royal Commission, Saudi Aramco, Ministries etc. (desirable)
• Comfortable with traveling to Yanbu / Riyadh & Jubail
• Years of Experience/ Sector. +15 years in Engineering Design (not in construction)
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Lead Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
Principal Electrical Engineer