Job description / Role
The Service application Engineer is mainly responsible for identifying the GE installed base(IB) of protection relays and Automation systems, technically convince the customers the best way forward to upgrade the IB, discuss with the internal and external stake holders to propose the right technical solutions and make sure that GA installed base is protected. Also responsible for identifying competitor's IB and offer wherever possible better solutions and sell GE products and solutions.
- Identify GE Installed base for protection relays and automation systems.
- Update the SW tools with the IB info.
- Visit the customers as per the plan agreed
- Discuss with internal and external stake holders about the upgrade proposals
- Give relevant presentations to the customers on new proposals
- Follow up the opportunities created
- close coordination with sales managers to close the deals/get the customer orders.
- Close coordination with other internal stake holders incl engineering, tendering, operations for addressing customer requests
- technical support to the customers
- training to the customers on the technology
- Electrical/Electronics graduate with 7 years experience
- Proficient in Substation protection relays of GE UR/SR - testing and commissioning. Knowledge of Micom relays an added advantage
- Particularly, bus bar, diff, distance, transformer, generator and motor protections
- Able to work in relays setting calculations, CT Adequacy calculations
- Able to understand the various relevant engineering docs and propose changes with the new relays upgrades.
- Able to read the customer specs and select the protection relays meeting the specs.
- Customer centric approach and ability to technically convince the customers with GE proposals
- Good communicator and team player
- Willing to travel extensively within GCC and elsewhere
- Knowledge of Substation Automation System will be a strong added advantage.
- Arab speaking/reading
- Knowledge of the GCC customer base mainly Aramco, SABIC, NG etc
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.