Job description / Role
What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our offices located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Works under the direct supervision of Discipline Lead - Engineering. This team member leads an engineering team and schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the design work on projects of all scales.
• Engineering Design
• Team Leading
• Client Interface
• Resource Planning
• Performance Evaluation
• Design Management
• Design Coordination
• Interface with Statutory Authorities
• Design Research
• Design Reviews
• Site back-up
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead a design group within the Engineering team throughout the design stages.
• Within the design group act as the client's point of contact for design related issues.
• Within the design group act as the project's design coordinator and contributes (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities.
• Responsible for the integrated design delivery of projects throughout the entire project life cycle.
• Ensure design excellence and delivery of project documentation to SSH quality procedures.
• Responsible for BIM integration and development of innovative working methodologies.
• Take initiatives to develop design manuals, standard design documents, presentations, etc. to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider architectural community.
What do I need to apply?
• Developed Engineering Design skills.
• Appropriate project experience.
• Flexibility and attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of SSH's commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of risk management.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Developed presentation skills.
• Detailed knowledge of SSH's standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health & Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Completion of five or six-year engineering degree program.
• B.Arch. or B.Sc. in Engineering
• Local Society of Engineers membership.
• International Accreditation.
• Sustainability Certification (LEED, PQP or equivalent)
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.