Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
You will provide mechanical engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the mechanical engineering team.
- Deliver mechanical engineering services that meet Worley', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise mechanical engineering project requirements.
- Perform mechanical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the mechanical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress;and
- Ensure the required services meet Worley,its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the mechanical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the mechanical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the mechanical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of mechanical engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in mechanical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.