Lead Mechanical Engineer (HVAC)
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
The successful candidate will report functionally to the Mechanical Department Manager and on a project basis to the Project Engineering Manager. The candidate will be the discipline engineer on the assigned project and job description will include:
- Mechanical Engineer with 12 years experience in buildings, infrastructure/MEP projects, refinery, petrochemical and oil/gas industry.
- Knowledgeable with Codes and industry standards (ex. ASHRAE, SMACNA, NFPA, Factory Mutual Datasheets, International mechanical codes, local authority codes and standards etc.) is essential.
- Experience to develop studies for existing and new buildings, conducting site surveys, FEED and Detail design along with the development of engineering/procurement documents.
- Ability to develop HVAC design basis reports for conceptual and Detail design projects and obtain approvals from Client Representatives.
- Ability to Perform HVAC Cooling load Calculations, using Elite, CARRIER E20 (HAP).
- Able to develop schematic layouts /Single line diagrams for both air and water systems.
- Ability to develop HVAC duct layouts including duct sizing, routing and selection of duct materials as per international standards.
- Ability to perform External static pressure calculations
- Ability to select the HVAC equipment and also review the Vendor equipment selections.
- Able to develop HVAC chilled water layouts including flow rate, pipe sizing, routing, pipe support spacing selection and selection of pipe materials and insulation
- Able to perform control valve selections as per selected water system.
- Able to perform head loss calculations for chilled water systems.
- Able to select all air terminal devices and review the vendor selection.
- Able to develop HVAC system controls and BAS/BMS functional requirements.
- Able to assist CADD designers/ draughtsman for developing all engineering deliverables.
- Able to develop scope of work, specifications, Bill of quantities and subcontract scope
- Ability to interact with internal Engineering/Design disciplines and client during the course of projects
- Working Knowledge experience of REVIT, AUTOCAD, Microstation and energy modelling software.
- Ability to interact/coordinate other Architectural, Civil Structural, electrical design and drafting activities including 3D Design.
- Able to report the project status by updating weekly reports, monthly reports and develop the mitigation plans to meet the project milestones, if required.
- Attending meeting with the Client, Coordination meetings, Technical Review meeting, Value Engineering session and Constructability sessions.
- An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and flexible to work under pressure
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering discipline is required
- Min 12 years experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications is required
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks as scheduled is required
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment is required
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.