Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are currently seeking a Lead Operational Auditor with substantial auditing or operational experience in Upstream or Downstream to join our Internal Auditing Organization. You will based in our corporate headquarters in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
The Internal Auditing organization within Saudi Aramco is an independent and objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the operations of Saudi Aramco. The Internal Auditing organization helps the organization to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Internal Auditing organization provides members of management and the Board of Directors with analyses, recommendations, and information concerning the activities reviewed.
The Internal Auditing organization consists of three (3) departments: Operational Audits, Functional Audits, and Affiliates Audits with three (3) audit divisions under each department.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Establish the objective and scope of the audit engagement.
- Identify key risks and controls within the business and operational processes under review.
- Develop comprehensive risk-based audit programs.
- Execute risk-based audit procedures in alignment with company policies and international standards.
- Prepare audit reports.
- Deliver presentations to client management at the audit opening and closing meetings.
- Provide on-the-job training and mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Evaluate the performance and capabilities of the assisting staff auditors.
- Provide assurance and consulting activities on internal controls as requested.
- As a successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, engineering, or another related field; an advanced degree is a plus.
- You will have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in auditing, engineering, or plant operations within the oil and gas industry or from one of the Big Four (4) Auditing firms.
- You should hold at least one (1) professional certification, such as the Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, or a similar professional credentials.
- You must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language and excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- You should be flexible to travel within the Kingdom and/or outside the Kingdom to conduct audit and consulting engagements.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.