Job description / Role
Air Products is looking for a Lead Pipeline Engineer to support their projects in the EMEA region with a focus on projects in KSA. The home office will be DTV office in Dhahran, KSA.
He /she need to have a proven track record as Lead Pipeline Engineer in multimillion USD projects. The successful candidate will be required to have a good approach to health, safety and must work across multi discipline teams as well as different cultures around the world including UK, US, India and China. We are looking for a candidate with strong communication skills in both verbal and written English and all-round flexibility to commit time and effort to achieve project requirements.
The ability to travel when required, both to site and other engineering offices on a planned basis. It is foreseen that the candidate will manage Third Party Engineering Teams with a focus on executing Cross Country Pipeline Engineering projects. The successful candidate will be required to work independently representing the Engineering Department in KSA and the Middle East Region, be effective in promoting and supporting all aspects of the work done related to Cross Country Pipelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assigned as the Lead Pipeline Engineer he/she will be managing the delivery of all aspects of the pipeline engineering scope for projects in KSA and the EMEA region.
• Provide consultancy services to Business Development and all Air Products Clients regarding all cross- country pipeline activities.
• Managing a third-party Design Contractor by:
- Developing the scope of work for outsourced Design Contractor.
- Assessing the suitability of the documentation to be issued to the outsource Design Contractor for the detail design.
- Monitoring the detail design work outsourced to outsourced Design Contractor to given time frame and to review the Design Contractor’s work to meet the Project’s requirements.
• Actively involved in the execution strategies and upfront work for projects to establish the design basis for the Pipeline Engineering, manhour estimates and quantities for construction costs.
• Prepare and /or review complex stress analyses (Finite Element modelling Analysis) to meet project requirements.
• Provide input and review subcontracts like: Topological Surveys (plan and profiles), Geotechnical Investigations, Radar Mapping, Cathodic Protection etc.,
• Advise on Piping Material Selection for the different process streams.
• Prepare and/or check the calculations of the interaction between pipelines and soil and other related aspects in pipeline engineering.
• Develop the scope of work for Construction Contracts involving Pipeline Engineering. Provide technical support during bidding process and construction.
• Maintain Air Products standards and specifications up to date by assisting the Department in keeping up with requirements of national and international codes.
• Bring experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work – identify problem areas in the work practices and suggest improvements based on feedback and own previous experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• The Pipeline Subject Matter Expert shall hold an Engineering Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering and be a chartered engineer of a relevant international recognized Institution (such as the ICE or IStructE in the United Kingdom).
• Cross Country Pipeline Engineering experience in the Oil and Gas Process Industry is mandatory.
• An overall 15+ years’ experience in the field of Pipeline Engineering is required.
• Experience in managing engineering teams in a project environment is required.
• A proven track record is required as Lead Pipeline Engineer on multimillion USD projects.
• Knowledgeable of the design interdependencies at all stages of the project lifecycle, from initiation to concept stage through to commissioning and start-up stage.
• Experience with Cathodic Protection Systems and Welding Procedures is expected.
• Understanding of geotechnical terminology and principles to aid discussions with geotechnical specialists to appreciate ground conditions.
• Appreciate the duration for various tasks regarding pipeline engineering to assist in preparation of project schedules.
• Have knowledge in the use of industry wide design software packages like Olga.
• Use of various international and local design standards – ASME. ANSI, AISC, ASCE, Euro codes.
• Familiar with Saudi Aramco standards and procedures
• Working experience with local Saudi Authorities like Royal Commissioning.
• Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Building Customer Loyalty
• Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
• Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
• Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team Success
• Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Managing Work (Includes Time Management)
• Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
• They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AIR PRODUCTS VALUES
• All Air Products divisions are committed to the effective use of the AP Values. It is important that all employees understand and utilize these values when performing the duties of his/her position.
• Quality encompasses all aspects of AP’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Senior Piping Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Project Pipeline Engineering Manager
Construction Manager - Oil & Gas
The Gulf Recruitment Group
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Pre-Construction / QS Engineer