Job description / Role
The Lead Planner requires advanced professional planning experience of high complexity and variety as they are required to take the lead on larger, more complex planning assignments. This position will be site based in charge of a package (project) responsible for providing planning and scheduling support and assistance to Project Managers and other Project team members.
• Preparing pre-construction and construction phase master and detailed in-house programmes.
• Participating in contract administration.
• Generating critical milestones for the construction stage for inclusion in tender documents through detailed discussions with the Design Manager, evaluation of interfaces between buildings/infrastructure.
• Preparing technical tender evaluations.
• Reviewing and analyzing Contractor's baseline programme, recommending changes to the programme to reduce any milestone difficulties, minimizing critical paths, and identify interface conflicts.
• Reviewing and analyzing contractors WBS ensuring conformity with the Baseline cost and estimating structure.
• Develop/establish weighting (EWF), progress, KPIs, manpower and equipment deployment.
• Advising and assisting the contractor in the development of the programme.
• Reviewing all contractor’s programme updating submissions, making recommendations to Project Manager.
• Recording and reporting the actual progress of the work versus the planned work.
• Preparing in-house daily, weekly and monthly progress reports.
• Performing field inspections to gathering data relevant to project progress.
• Preparing and developing appropriate detail summary project control programmes and incorporating summary level contractor programmes.
• Analyzing and assessing key critical paths and the impact on programme.
• Evaluating designers’ and contractors’ detailed schedules and preparing the evaluation report.
• Working with project manager and cost engineer and providing appropriate support for finance control, risk and resources allocation and ensure schedule input to the change management procedure.
• Producing cash flows in Primavera and working with Project Cost Managers.
• Ensuring incorporation of scope changes and monitoring trends to reflect the current project scope.
• Evaluating claims and making appropriate recommendations.
• Estimating change of orders including breakdown (labor, equipment & material)
• Establishing and monitoring construction work schedules.
• Monitoring actual rates and compare with budget.
• Preparing the actual implemented bill of quantities and their partial.
• Chairing project programming meetings with Contractor.
• International Consultancy Experience
• A minimum of 20 years’ experience in the Planning / Project Controls field is required.
• Additional Comments,
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is required. .
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Planner/Asst. Project Manager
Construction Planning Manager
Senior Planning Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||2 Apr|
Planning Manager (P-6 Expert)
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||3 Mar|
Khatib & Alami