Job description / Role
Title: Lead Process Engineer
Lead Process Engineer with proven experience in the design of process units, pipelines, utilities and offsite facilities from conceptual stage through detailed design of medium to large size projects. Thorough knowledge of projects/process engineering practices, economics principles, calculation methods, international standards, codes, specifications, and procedures. Minimum 15 years' experience in Oil & Gas, Hydrocarbons, and/or Infrastructure industries. Excellent communication skills required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in upstream Oil and Gas Facilities Design.
- Lead a team of about 10 - 15 Process Engineers and related discipline engineers and designers
- Shall have minimum 5 years of experience in HYSYS simulation of upstream Oil and Gas projects
- Scoping of projects, including process deliverables
- Review and approve process deliverables (PFDs, P&IDs, Design Basis, Process Narratives, Process Calculations, Equipment Specification documents, etc)
- Review and approve process engineering work plans
- Review and approve basis of design documents
- Estimate work-hours
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the project team, including the Clients
- Responsible for design integrity of process engineering scope, performance of assigned staff, and on-schedule delivery of the work within budget
- Lead technical presentations to Clients and their representatives as required
- Serve as technical resource to Process Engineers and related Discipline engineers and designers
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that applicable procedures and standards (client, KBR and international) are correctly applied
- Project Management
- Discipline Managers
Qualifications & Years of Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or related field, and a minimum of 15 years' of relevant engineering experience. Key Skills & Technical Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of basic engineering principles, P&ID/PFD development, hydraulic calculations, equipment sizing, safety devices
- Understanding of Process simulation methods (e.g. HYSYS, Pipenet)
- Familiarity with key SA engineering standards and procedures
- Ability to handle responsibility and complete projects within schedule
- Experience with firewater demand calculations and equipment requirements, industrial drainage design and equipment, familiarity with the associated Saudi Aramco standards and NFPA requirements are desirable
- Must be proficient in English, oral and written
- Excellent technical presentation skills required
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.