Job description / Role
• Take care of the financial and contractual aspects of the project.
• Participate, record and prepare the minutes of the progress meetings.
• Provide support on all financial and contractual matters throughout the course of the work in the project.
• Convene and chair all commercial meetings.
• Ensure prompt submittal and completeness of Contractors monthly payment applications and finalize the payment certificates with the assistance of the QS’s.
• Make sure that all cost and quantity records are streamlined and kept in order by the QS’s.
• Advise the SRE and RE’s on measurement procedures and calculation of interim and final quantities.
• Evaluate the unit rates for new work items with assistance by the QS’s.
• Establish the way of recording the details and monitor the day works recording and process;
• Lead in the preparation of variation orders.
• Lead in the evaluation and recommendation of entitlement of Contractors claims, including presentation and agreement of recommendations to the Contract’s Department of Client and the Engineer (PMC)
• Advice on contractual matters related to financial issues.
• Ensure completeness and validity of all contractual requirements.
• Advise on contractor’s resource allocation.
• Prepare financial statements for monthly report.
• Audit payments to Contractors.
• Check and record measurements of completed work.
• Monitor contracts final cost estimates.
• Maintain expenditure records.
• Review, negotiate and prepare claim settlements with the Contract’s Department of Client and the Engineer (PMC).
• Coordinate and monitor activities of the Commercial team.Prepare Final Account with all supporting documentation.
• Bachelor degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, or related field and 15 years demonstrable experience in Quantity Surveying on major building projects in GCC.
• Qualified chartered Quantity Surveyor by a recognized international body such as Chartered Institute of Buildings (CIOB) or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
• Experience of preparing Bills of Quantities, cost estimates, and the management of claims required.
• Must have a sound knowledge of contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Rider Levett Bucknall
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Nael & Bin Harmal Hydroexport Est. (NBHH)
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Pre Contract
Rider Levett Bucknall
Senior Quantity Surveyor Building - MRICS