Job description / Role
The holder of this position will act as the key sourcing point of contact in Saudi for Digital Solutions-Services. Will require both strategic and operational focus. He will manage all purchasing transactions for the Services Business of Digital Solutions & work in developing a local vendor base, both in support of future business growth and of current operations. The position's holder will act as an individual contributor, part of the regional Sourcing organization.
The Sourcing Specialist demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Responsible for Supplier on boarding Process
- Issuing & signing MNDA
- Completing Supplier Questionnaire & white Paper Documentation
- On boarding, Creating WF, Registering & creating Supplier GSL Codes
- Responsible for Issuing Purchase Orders to Suppliers
- Issuing RFQs & obtaining Supplier Quotes
- Coordinating for Technical Alignment
- Conducting Negotiation
- Responsible for Material Follow-ups
- Follow-up with Suppliers for Material Readiness
- Coordination with Logistics for material pickup
- Responsible for Accounts payables to suppliers
- Facilitating in resolution of payment issues with suppliers
- Lead, Drive Sourcing Localization initiatives for the DS Business.
- Scout perform a Market Analysis, Identify propose & develop a roadmap to qualify new suppliers to drive local content & deflation initiatives.
- Understand strategies for assigned commodities and proactively drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives
- Coordinate with Regional Business & HQ sourcing on sourcing strategies to align to business objectives.
- Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability
- Implement sourcing standards including process & execution, synergies for cost out
- Drive productivity opportunities with supply base to deliver cost out goals
- Support commodity buys
- Write reports to track PO activity and supplier performance
- Analyze and track supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure supplier promise date accuracy
- Hold weekly reviews with suppliers and develop telephone log of actions and conversations with suppliers
- Drive effective recovery plans and create payment tracking and invoice analysis. Tracking / invoice analysis
- Develop process to look upstream for pending requirements and drive Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales in order to ensure sourcing given adequate cycle to procure material
- Place Purchase Orders (PO) timely and obtain PO acknowledgements from suppliers
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 5 years of experience in a Sourcing role & overall industry experience of 8-10 years.
- Additional experience in Sourcing Electrical & electronics, site related contracts
- Additional experience in framing Sourcing Contracts & long term commercial agreements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- PC and database proficiency
- Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
- GE program graduate is preferred (GE employees only
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.