Lead Translator - Saudi National
Job description / Role
Our client is a leading Professional Service Company in Riyadh. They are currently recruiting a Lead Translator to set up and build their Translation team from scratch.
They are seeking out candidates who possess a dynamic and strong leadership personality with the ability deliver Key Performance Indicators in a regulated environment through one's own initiative. The role is based in the company's Riyadh Office.
* Ensure effective planning and execution of translation for all the special and complex projects of the organisation
* Provide timely end to end solutions and support to the Translation team members and external vendors for all tasks pertaining to translation
* Develop one or more area/domain of Translator and Interpreter (T&I) specialization for self and for the translation team. Serve as the go-to translator/interpreter for specific domain(s). Develop, maintain and share term glossaries and knowledge of the same with fellow translators/interpreters.
* Ensure high quality and accurate translations and interpretations are being provided
* Liaise with the Global Translation Manager and provide assistance with development and implementation of various initiatives
* Oversee the development of translation specialisations for the team
* Train, supervise and assess the work submitted by junior translators and provide time to time feedback enabling them to be technically sound
* Makes improvements regarding the efficiency of relevant processes and activities
* Take on the responsibility of constantly building a strong team which can sustain during difficult and peak workloads while providing nuanced and accurate translations
* Maintain discretion and confidentiality, as well as adhere to the policies and procedures of the organisation
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Translator to progress in their career with a global, professional entity.
The successful candidate for the Lead Translator Position:
* 5+ years of experience in translation or interpretation in a professional working environment is required
* Have strong experience of working within the professional service industry (financial services, law firm or management consultancy) or with a global multinational
* Demonstrate strong leadership skills along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Must have the ability to work independently in a fast and efficient manner
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.